Re: GOD is REAL- why do you atheists not belive in GOD?

1 view
Message has been deleted

Rev. Karl E. Taylor

Mar 20, 2009, 7:08:33 PM3/20/09

TrekBear

Mar 20, 2009, 7:25:01 PM3/20/09
On Mar 20, 6:00 pm, "Christian" <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> Please come back to GOD!

Because there is no consistency between the Old and New Testaments,
not to mention the multitude of factions within Christianity leaving
any rational person with the only logical choice of being atheist.

kingdoodlesquat

Mar 20, 2009, 7:32:26 PM3/20/09
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?

Which god are you referring to? If she ever decides to show up, you might
have a case & even then I'd still need convincing.

> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> Please come back to GOD!

It's obvious you don't understand atheists, otherwise you wouldn't have
wasted your effort in what is quite franky a very piss poor effort at
conversion with no credible evidence. The trouble with you extremist fundies
is that you'll kill for you religion, torture for it in your god's name,
endure pain for it, do anything for it except live for it.

walksalone

Mar 20, 2009, 7:53:21 PM3/20/09
"Christian" <Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> news:gq16pr$27s$1...@aioe.org

> x-no-archive: yes

> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?

<Bleater mode>

GOd? I don't believe you know who the One True Godô©® really is. Now if you are
a misguided xikan, that is understandable.
Irregardless of the falsehoods of your preists & parents, the True god awaits those that can accept
face to face.
His name, Chtu#*##***.

I await your acceptance of him. After all, unlike your god, he does exist.

> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!

I agree, but not your pet god.

> How can you say that there is no GOD?

I don't. But like you, I don't believe in your god. You know you
believe in Chtu#*##*** in your heart.

> Please come back to GOD!

So do it already & quit whining.

No need to thank me, it's the least I can do for the eternally lost.

</Bleater mode>

walksalone who is sad to say, I know people like this in real life.

All religions have based morality on obedience, that is
to say, on voluntary slavery. That is why they have always
been more pernicious than any political organization.
For the latter makes use of violence, the formeróof the
corruption of the will.
óalexander Herzen

Bill M

Mar 20, 2009, 4:11:44 PM3/20/09

"Christian" <Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote in message

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> Please come back to GOD!

You have posted a nice opinion but NO evidence!

Here is some real evidence that your God only exists in your over active
imagination.

Religions for good reason are referred to as faiths.

There is a good reason for this because there is NO_NADA objective
verifiable

evidence that any of the hundreds of Gods believed in actually exist except

in the imaginations of believers.

No sane non-delusional person has ever seen, talked to or heard from any

God. All Gods are purely the figments of people's hopes and imaginations.

Would any real loving and caring intelligent designer, create Plagues,
Tsunamis, Tornadoes, Volcanic Eruptions, Floods, Wars, Earth Quakes, Cancers
and hundreds of debilitating diseases and serious body malfunctions? There
are 12,000 known diseases that affect and punish mankind indiscriminately.
Why does he permit millions of both young and old to starve to death or die
of miserable diseases? Why punish millions of INNOCENT CHILDREN in this
horrible way?

Why would any all powerful and caring god permit totally "innocent children"
to die at birth? Or worse, be born lacking eyesight, a fully developed
brain, deaf and dumb, missing limbs etc.? Why are some born idiots and
others with super intelligence? Why are some born into wealth and others
pauper poor? Why would it permit over 2,000,000 innocent children to die of
starvation every year? Why are his human creations designed to deteriorate
into a miserable and devastating old age regardless of their religious
beliefs or affiliation?

Why did this all powerful and loving creator create things like sharks,
jelly fish, octopus, lions, tigers, rhinoceros, wolves, poisonous snakes,
stinging and poisonous insects, poisonous plants etc.? Why did this caring
and benevolent God create animals (including man) that need to painfully
kill and eat other animals to survive?

World War I claimed 9,000,000 lives of people of many religious faiths.

World II indiscriminately claimed over 20,000,000 lives of people of all
ages and religious faiths, plus a vast destruction of property and more
millions maimed for life.

The recent Asian Tsunami has claimed the lives of 200,000 men, women and
children of all religious persuasions. Over 100,000 of these were totally
INNOCENT children!

There were three major epidemics of the Bubonic Plaque - in the 6th, 14th.
and 17th centuries. The death toll was over 137 million men, women and
totally innocent children.

The influenza of 1918-1919 killed at least 25 million men, women and
innocent children indiscriminately.

Diseases like malaria, AIDS, tuberculosis, etc. maim and kill millions
indiscriminately every year. More millions die of starvation and
malnutrition.

These indiscriminately afflicted the young and old, atheists and those of
ALL religious persuasions.

Meanwhile MAN, not god, has developed defenses and cures for hundreds of
serious diseases. Man has learned to create shelter, heat and cooling,
purify water, world wide electronic communications, power and transportation
systems including flying through the air. Man has created a wonderful
medical and drug system and improved housing and food production. The result
of MAN'S inventiveness has DOUBLED the average life span. None of this was
created by any gods.

Objective verifiable evidence indicates the Universe is greater than 20
BILLION LIGHT YEARS in diameter. When you consider that light travels at
186,000 MILES PER SECOND the Universe is incomprehensible in size and by
comparison, our World, is but a speck of dust in this vast Universe.

The scientific evidence is that our World is over 4 BILLION YEARS old.
Archaeological evidence is that man has existed on earth for only 100,000 to
200,000 years. When the various books of the Bible were written, most of
mankind believed the world was flat and the Sun, Stars and Planets revolved
around the Earth. Many believed that Christopher Columbus might sail to the
edge of the earth, and might fall off, during his trip that discovered the
new continent.

In 1492 and Biblical times the majority of the world assumed the earth was
flat and the Son, Stars and planets revolved around the Earth. Columbus
proved the Earth to be round.

By the 16 Th. century, scientists like Galileo, determined that the Earth,
Stars and Planets of our solar system revolved around the Sun. This spread
through the scientific community and the majority accepted this reality by
the 1800's. We now know from actual evidence, the earth is but an
inconsequential speck of dust in this unimaginably vast Universe. It is
scientific opinion that thousands and perhaps millions of planets, similar
to Earth, exist in this huge Universe.

Man is but grains of sand on this large Earth and less than dust in this
vast Universe. The 6 1/2 BILLION persons currently on this planet do not
appear to be of any significant consequence in this vast Universe.

Despite all these discoveries, NO_NADA objective verifiable evidence has
ever been found for the actual existence of any of the hundreds of Gods
believed in and worshipped

by man.

As you can see, there is a wealth of objective verifiable evidence that no
gods actually exist. There is NO_NADA objective verifiable evidence of any
Gods actual existence except in the hopes and imaginations of man.

Lock Stock & Barrel

Mar 20, 2009, 8:22:36 PM3/20/09
On Mar 20, 3:11 pm, "Bill M" <wm...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Columbus
> proved the Earth to be round.

Bullshit.
The ancients knew the earth was round.
They saw ships disappearing when they went out to
sea over the horizon.

http://www.imeem.com/michaeljackson/music/4Yl0txzH/michael-jackson-thriller/

Uncle Vic

Mar 20, 2009, 8:37:56 PM3/20/09
One fine day in alt.atheism, "Lock Stock & Barrel" <lockstckbrrl36
@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Columbus
>> proved the Earth to be round.
>
> Bullshit.
> The ancients knew the earth was round.
> They saw ships disappearing when they went out to
> sea over the horizon.

Round is a far cry from "spherical".

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

JohnN

Mar 20, 2009, 9:16:29 PM3/20/09
On Mar 20, 7:00 pm, "Christian" <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> Please come back to GOD!

Which god again, I can't remember all of them.

JohnN

Darrell Stec

Mar 20, 2009, 9:28:09 PM3/20/09
Bill M inscribed forevermore utilizing silicon chips::

> "Christian" <Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote in message
>> x-no-archive: yes
>>
>> GOD has created this wonderful planet

Where did Christian get that idea from? It certainly wasn't the bible
because Genesis says no such thing. The planet was already in existence
according to Genesis when either Yahweh of the Elohim, or the Council of
gods (the Elohim) started remodeling it and filling it up. The
Hebrew "bara" is incorrectly translated as create in the English KJV.
Elsewhere (or rather everywhere else in the bible) it is correctly
translated as fill up or fatten.

>> and GOD has
>> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?

I wonder if Christian understands the meaning of evidence? I wonder if
he/she even knows the name of this so called said creator? I doubt he/she
understands that the Christian god is purposely unnamed so that the
controversy over the evil acts of Yahweh cannot be lodged against the
Christian god?

>> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
>> it has clearly been made by GOD!

Yes, mass murder, murder by natural phenomenon/catastrophes, 95% of all
pregnancies end up as naturally occurring miscarriages, cancer, and
alzheimer's disease among others, is most certainly wonderful.

>> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>>
>> Please come back to GOD!

OK, if you can name him and show us undeniable evidence she exists.

You forgot the catastrophe of 534 CE when over 75% of the flora and fauna of
the world and 75% of the population was wiped out. It alone was probably
responsible for the rise in Christianity because the hermit monks to a
large degree survived but the general populace died out.

It is rarely discussed. It is also the reason those phony geometric
population expansions demonstrating that 8 people from Noah's Ark could
result in today's population. The AIG/Discovery Institute math does not
work because it does not factor in the bottleneck of 534 CE. But at least
with this one, it certain appears as though some god were on the side of
Christians.

--
Later,
Darrell

John Locke

Mar 20, 2009, 10:01:47 PM3/20/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:00:19 +0100, "Christian"
<Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has

>created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>

>I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
>it has clearly been made by GOD!
>

>How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
>Please come back to GOD!

You Christians make a lot of bold claims and one would think that in
2000 years you could have come up with JUST ONE tiny morsel of
verifiable evidence for your god's existence. But no..you haven't.
No appearances. No prayers answered. No amputees growing
new limbs. No help for famine and disease. Nothing. Nada.

Grow up and get over your chidish delusion. We're on our own.
Get used to it.

"The people who are regarded as moral luminaries are those
who forego ordinary pleasures themselves and find
compensation in interfering with the pleasures of others."

Bertrand Russell (1872-1970), British philosopher.

Virgil

Mar 20, 2009, 10:48:55 PM3/20/09

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?

Why do you believe in a creator?

> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!

Which god? There are so many of them being claimed and we do not want to
pick the wrong one.

> How can you say that there is no GOD?

How can you claim that there is one without being able to demonstrate
his/her/its existence.

> Please come back to GOD!

I cannot "come back" to where I have never been.

zamboni30...@yahooonspam.com

Mar 20, 2009, 10:55:27 PM3/20/09
<Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
>created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>

>I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
>it has clearly been made by GOD!
>

>How can you say that there is no GOD?
>

>Please come back to GOD!

Your god and merciful savior wants you to eat a bowl of dicks... why
won't you believe him? Fucking infidel faggot!

--

zamboni30000 AA#2139

rogue

Mar 20, 2009, 11:14:37 PM3/20/09
On Mar 21, 3:00 am, "Christian" <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> Please come back to GOD!

The Flying Spaghetti Monster has created this wonderful planet and the
Flying Spaghetti Monster has created you. Why don't you believe in
your creator?

I don't understand Christians, the world is so wonderful it , it has
clearly been made by the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

How can you say that there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Please come back to the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

How's that working for you?

The Chief Instigator

Mar 20, 2009, 11:30:48 PM3/20/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:00:19 +0100, Christian <Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> Please come back to GOD!

Why? There's no one answering to that name. Maybe you should quit
overdoing the chocolate acid.

There are no gods. They've never shown up around me or mine, so far.

--
Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey (pat...@io.com) Houston, Texas
www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2008-09 Houston Aeros) AA#2273

zamboni30...@yahooonspam.com

Mar 20, 2009, 11:35:05 PM3/20/09
<Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
>created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
>I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
>it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
>How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
>Please come back to GOD!

I'm gonna have to be honest here... Verizon had a better plan... and
*muuuch* better reception.

--
zamboni30000 AA#2139

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending
it deliberately with faulty arguments. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TrekBear

Mar 20, 2009, 11:48:49 PM3/20/09
On Mar 20, 8:28 pm, Darrell Stec <dars...@neo.rr.com> wrote:
> Bill M inscribed forevermore utilizing silicon chips::
>

> > "Christian" <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote in message
> Darrell- Hide quoted text -

A bottleneck in the human population less than 1500 years ago couldn't
lead to a population explosion of more than six (6) billion today. If
so, that would result in an average of approximately 4 million new
people per year - less the population in 534 CE.

george

Mar 21, 2009, 12:01:52 AM3/21/09
Last count there were at least 5000.
Which is the one he's wanking on about ?

John Baker

Mar 21, 2009, 3:29:57 AM3/21/09
<Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
>created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
>I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
>it has clearly been made by GOD!

And your proof of any of this would be .... ?

Free clue: personal beliefs and books of ancient folklore are *not*
proof.

>How can you say that there is no GOD?

It's easy, Sport. You just say it.

>Please come back to GOD!

Can't go back to what I never believed in to begin with.

Sanity's Little Helper

Mar 21, 2009, 4:52:22 AM3/21/09
It is an ancient Christian <Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE>, and he posteth:

--
David Silverman
aa #2208

Not authentic without this signature.

Sanity's Little Helper

Mar 21, 2009, 4:55:46 AM3/21/09
It is an ancient Christian <Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE>, and he posteth:

> x-no-archive: yes

> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!

http://www.g-shack.com/images/gshack/So%20Youve%20Got%20Ebola.jpg

Geddit?

No?

That's because you're stupid.

Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian

Mar 21, 2009, 5:27:03 AM3/21/09
Morontheist "Christian":

> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,

> it has clearly been made by gawd!

Personal impressions are not evidence.

> How can you say that there is no gawd?

Because the judeo-christian-islamic gawd is logically impossible.
(Other deities may possibly exist, but that one clearly CANNOT.)

> Please come back to gawd!

No.

Now get lost. Be a crybaby somewhere else.

--
"To his friend a man a friend shall prove, and gifts with gifts requite;
But men shall mocking with mockery answer, and fraud with falsehood meet."

My personal judgment of monotheism:
http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus

walksalone

Mar 21, 2009, 5:36:13 AM3/21/09
Sanity's Little Helper <elv...@noshpam.org> news:allltly13361
$.lxdgkvx3...@40tude.net

> It is an ancient Christian <Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE>, and he posteth:
>
>> x-no-archive: yes
>>
>> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
>> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>>
>> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
>> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> http://www.g-shack.com/images/gshack/So%20Youve%20Got%20Ebola.jpg
>
> Geddit?

To subtle

> No?

It can't, it deserves your sympathy for it can't understand why it's
wrong.

> That's because you're stupid.

Maybe worse, ignoranance of the black hole grade?

walksalone who realises there is a fine line between ignorance & stupid.
But when the ignorant are afraid to lose their ignorance, is there any
practical difference?

As an active demonstration, here is an article from BAR showing that
ignorance still rules lives.

When Jesus appointed his apostles, they were (in the words of Mark 3:
15) ''to have authority to cast out demons' as Jesus himself was able to
do. Today as reported in the popular press, there are those who believe
they have such power, others who have doubts and still others who
egregiously misuse and abuse this New Testament doctrine.
As part of ''the power and vitality of the christian movement in Africa,
it is reported that christian ministers in Zimbabwe are regularly casting
out demons and bringing healing stability and comfort to people of all
ages. Wvayne W Bos writing in Alberta`s Red Deer Express, provides a
graphic firsthand account of his role as an exorcist ''under the auspices
of Do What Jesus Did: The anointing oil drips from my right index finger
as I sign the cross upon a woman's forehead, The demons scream and yell
'nooooooo' and shake her head. For Bos. withcraft is synonymous with a
demon, and JK, Rowling`s Harry Potter series constitutes ''one of the
fiercest promotions of witchcraft. equally memorable is this description
of demons by full-time exorcists Sharon Seevinck (as narrated in The Salt
Lake Tribune): If a house has a cockroach in it, the house is not
possessed by that cockroach. I see demons as irritations, squatters that
are not supposed to be there, descriptions of demon possession often
parallel symptoms associated with mental or other illness, Thus a
correspondent for Newfoundlands St. Joh'ns Telergram concludes that in
Biblical times (and perhaps also today) ''priests tried to cure people
[exhibiting signs of epilepsy] by driving the demons out. Individual
exampies of what I might term abusive casting out of demons range from
the terrifying to the ludicrous, The Associated Press reported a
harrowing occurrence that took place in an assemblies of Jesus church in
Bristol Tennessee. Two sisters, aged 46 and. 64, entered the church at
the start of services to tell their 88-year-old mother that the younger
of them was going to have surgery. The preacher charged off the pulpit
toward the pants-clad duo screaming ''You`re not wearing pants in my
church you demons He went on. 'I got all the demons out of my church and
I want you out. To this tirade, one of the accosted women replied I`m
glad I serve a God who can work through my pants and I don`t believe
you`ve got all the demons out yet. No matter how the judge finds in this
case, assault charges were filed all around-there can be little doubt
that the pastor failed to live up to his name, Rev, (Clarence June)
Love, Even this may not be the last word for sports remains a pristine
enclave in which demons may justly thrive. Thus we read in Australia`s
The, Hill, Shire Times that the pennant Hills Demons who were ''never
threatened`` in their last outing sit on top of the Sydney, AFL ladder``
And the Georgetown Hoyas performed an exorcism of their own when they
cast out the No.1 Blue devils of Duke, thereby simultaneously ''shaking
off any lingering demons about their own basketball program according to
Georgetown University`s The Hoya. But perhaps one more report from
Australia will succeed in making things right after all; in Sydney`s The
Daily Telegraph a sports headline trumpets the Demons` first defeat of
the season with these words Demons dismantled as Slick Saints End Golden
Run, Take that you demons and devils.

HVAC

Mar 21, 2009, 7:16:24 AM3/21/09

"Bill M" <wm...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

>> Please come back to GOD!
>

> Objective verifiable evidence indicates the Universe is greater than 20
> BILLION LIGHT YEARS in diameter.

Please post a cite for this.

Message has been deleted

HotelCharlieOne

Mar 21, 2009, 7:20:17 AM3/21/09
"Christian" <Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote in news:gq16pr$27s$1...@aioe.org:

> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?

To use one of your favorite phrases:

In God We Trust (all others must provide proof)

PROVIDE PROOF!

--
Putting the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden
and telling Eve not to touch it is as morally

Lock Stock & Barrel

Mar 21, 2009, 10:13:23 AM3/21/09
On Mar 20, 10:30 pm, The Chief Instigator <patr...@io.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:00:19 +0100, Christian <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
> > x-no-archive: yes
>
> > GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> > created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> > I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> > it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> > How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> > Please come back to GOD!
>
> Why?  There's no one answering to that name.  Maybe you should quit
> overdoing the chocolate acid.
>
> There are no gods.  They've never shown up around me or mine, so far.

Jesus christ is on his white horse in the heavens above
and I see him every night.
Watch out, he may come visit you right now ...

Lock Stock & Barrel

Mar 21, 2009, 10:17:39 AM3/21/09
On Mar 20, 7:37 pm, Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote:
> One fine day in alt.atheism, "Lock Stock & Barrel" <lockstckbrrl36
>
> @gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Columbus
> >> proved the Earth to be round.
>
> > Bullshit.
> > The ancients knew the earth was round.
> > They saw ships disappearing when they went out to
> > sea over the horizon.
>
> Round is a far cry from "spherical".

Round is a close cry to spherical actually:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=round+spherical

Eris

Mar 21, 2009, 10:35:39 AM3/21/09
On Mar 20, 7:00 pm, "Christian" <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> Please come back to GOD!

A quick trip through a natal or juvenile cancer ward does it for me
every time coupled with no independent historical verification and it
is easy.

Find Nazareth on an Israeli map before the fourth century when
Constantine had it built.

The Chief Instigator

Mar 21, 2009, 10:58:18 AM3/21/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:13:23 -0700 (PDT), Lock Stock & Barrel <lockstc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 20, 10:30?pm, The Chief Instigator <patr...@io.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:00:19 +0100, Christian <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
>> > x-no-archive: yes
>>
>> > GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
>> > created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>>
>> > I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
>> > it has clearly been made by GOD!
>>
>> > How can you say that there is no GOD?
>>
>> > Please come back to GOD!
>>
>> Why? ?There's no one answering to that name. ?Maybe you should quit
>> overdoing the chocolate acid. ?
>>
>> There are no gods. ?They've never shown up around me or mine, so far.

> Jesus christ is on his white horse in the heavens above and I see him
> every night.
> Watch out, he may come visit you right now ...

Maybe you shouldn't post when you're as drunk as the proverbial lord, eh?

Syd

Mar 21, 2009, 12:28:43 PM3/21/09
On Mar 20, 7:00 pm, "Christian" <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?

Well, you can clear that up right now, son.
Prove this 'god' of yours exists. Until you do, your just blowing out
hot air.

> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!

Prove it.

> How can you say that there is no GOD?

Very easily. "I don't believe you."

> Please come back to GOD!

First, prove this being exists.

PDW

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1781586

panam...@hotmail.com

Mar 21, 2009, 1:49:33 PM3/21/09
On Mar 20, 7:00 pm, "Christian" <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?

Nobody "created" me but my momma and my poppa, cretin.

> I don't understand atheists,

Crap like the above shows you're not even trying.

> the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!

Your ignorance of natural processes are evidence of nothing but your
ignorance.

> How can you say that there is no GOD?

I do not believe in your god, or in anyone else's, because there is no
evidence they exist. OTOH, there is an increasing amount of evidence
that they are not required for the existence of the universe.

> Please come back to GOD!

I was raised a Christian. I wouldn't go back to it for anything in the
world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHfaLoIxP90

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!

jwshe...@satx.rr.com

Mar 21, 2009, 8:53:33 PM3/21/09

You are wrong. All cultures have the concept
of a Great Spirit or Supreme Being.

In the ancient world Aristotle had the
hypothesis of an uncreated Creator.

Lucretius had the hypothesis of eternal
atoms forming combinations and permutations.

In the twentieth century with the Big Bang,
inertia, and entropy, Aristotle is consistent
with the evidence.

Jim

I Cor

15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I
preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also
received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the
scriptures; [article]

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day
according to the scriptures:

15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once;
of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen
asleep.

15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of
due time.

Smiler

Mar 21, 2009, 8:58:05 PM3/21/09

Pasta right over his noodly head.

Smiler,
The godless one
a.a.# 2279

SkyEyes

Mar 21, 2009, 9:33:33 PM3/21/09
On Mar 20, 4:00 pm, "Christian" <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?

Because there's no evidence that a "creator" exists, or that one is
even necessary. That being the case, some of us prefer reality-based
life styles.

> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!

You mean the malaria virus was made by a god? Or those wasps that lay
their eggs on living caterpillars, so that when the young wasps hatch
they eat the caterpillar alive? God did *that*? Or how about
anencephalic babies. Is your god responsible for that?

Yes, even with all the terrible aspects of nature, I like the world a
great deal. I just see lots of evidence that life evolved into its
myriad present forms through natural processes, and I see no evidence
that any magical beings had a hand in it.

> How can you say that there is no GOD?

Because there's no objective evidence that there is such a thing.

> Please come back to GOD!

Sure! Just provide some evidence that a god exists. If it holds up,
I'll become a believer.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net

Darrell Stec

Mar 22, 2009, 12:30:03 AM3/22/09
TrekBear inscribed forevermore utilizing silicon chips::

Same mistake in population growth calculations that AIG and Discovery
Institute use. Hint, population growth is not steady. There are spurts
and slowdowns, correlative to available resources, wars, etc.

--
Later,
Darrell

Uncle Vic

Mar 22, 2009, 1:11:48 AM3/22/09
@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Round is a far cry from "spherical".
>
> Round is a close cry to spherical actually:

Minus something critical: a dimention.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011
Separator of Church and Reason.
Convicted by Earthquack.
Looking forward to May 21, 2012 or is it 2011? Or is it sometime in
December? These idiots can't even agree...

Uncle Vic

Mar 22, 2009, 1:14:20 AM3/22/09
One fine day in alt.atheism, "Lock Stock & Barrel"
<lockstc...@gmail.com> wrote:

I get it now. Loki.

Meteorite Debris

Mar 22, 2009, 8:50:34 AM3/22/09
Last time that great scribe Christian <Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> chipped
away at his/her stone these gems of wisdom for posterity ...

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> Please come back to GOD!

What god. Everything was created by the Great Cosmic Cat.

--

Remove both YOUR_SHOES before replying
apatriot #1, atheist #1417,

Apatriotism Yahoo Group

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make
you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

rogue

Mar 22, 2009, 10:15:41 AM3/22/09
On Mar 22, 4:50 pm, Meteorite Debris
<epicurusboth@YOUR_SHOESaapt.net.au> wrote:
> Last time that great scribe Christian <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> chipped

> away at his/her stone these gems of wisdom for posterity ...
>
> > x-no-archive: yes
>
> > GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> > created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> > I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> > it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> > How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> > Please come back to GOD!
>
> What god. Everything was created by the Great Cosmic Cat.

Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Smiler

Mar 22, 2009, 6:59:46 PM3/22/09
jwshe...@satx.rr.com wrote:
> On Mar 20, 11:01 pm, george <gbl...@hnpl.net> wrote:

>>> Which god again, I can't remember all of them.
>>
> Last count there were at least 5000.
> Which is the one he's wanking on about ?
>
> You are wrong. All cultures have the concept
> of a Great Spirit or Supreme Being.
>
> In the ancient world Aristotle had the
> hypothesis of an uncreated Creator.
>
> Lucretius had the hypothesis of eternal
> atoms forming combinations and permutations.
>
> In the twentieth century with the Big Bang,
> inertia, and entropy, Aristotle is consistent
> with the evidence.

<Bible quotes snipped>

Do you really think that quotes from your books of myths, fables, fairy
stories, contradictions and downright lies have any meaning to atheists?
Of course you do, you're a moronic xian.

JohnN

Mar 22, 2009, 10:15:10 PM3/22/09
On Mar 21, 8:53 pm, jwsheffi...@satx.rr.com wrote:
> On Mar 20, 11:01 pm, george <gbl...@hnpl.net> wrote:

> > > Which god again, I can't remember all of them.
>
>  Last count there were at least 5000.
>  Which is the one he's wanking on about ?
>
>  You are wrong. All cultures have the concept
>  of a Great Spirit or Supreme Being.

But the individual Great Spririt of any one culture does not have to
be the same Great Spirit of another culture.

>  In the ancient world Aristotle had the
>  hypothesis of an uncreated Creator.

What is the name of Aristotle's uncreated Creator? Is it the same
uncreated Creator os any other mythology?

>  Lucretius had the hypothesis of eternal
>   atoms forming combinations and permutations.

So? He thought big things were made of smaller things. What has that
to do with mythology?

>   In the twentieth century with the Big Bang,
>   inertia, and entropy, Aristotle is consistent
>   with the evidence.

Only if you squint yor eyes really tight and ignore science, right?

>   Jim
>
>  I Cor
>
>   15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I
> preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
>
>   15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
> preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
>
>   15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also
> received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the
> scriptures; [article]
>
>   15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day
> according to the scriptures:
>
>   15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
>
>   15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once;
> of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen
> asleep.
>
>   15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
>
>   15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of

> due time.- Hide quoted text -

And the Holy Zombie has been hiding from its most devout followers
ever since.

JohnN

jwshe...@satx.rr.com

Mar 22, 2009, 10:46:29 PM3/22/09
On Mar 22, 9:15 pm, JohnN <jnorri...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 21, 8:53 pm, jwsheffi...@satx.rr.com wrote:

> >  Last count there were at least 5000.
> >  Which is the one he's wanking on about ?
>
> >  You are wrong. All cultures have the concept
> >  of a Great Spirit or Supreme Being.
>
> But the individual Great Spririt of any one culture does not have to
> be the same Great Spirit of another culture.

What about concept, don't you understand?

> >  In the ancient world Aristotle had the
> >  hypothesis of an uncreated Creator.
>
> What is the name of Aristotle's uncreated Creator?  Is it the same
> uncreated Creator os any other mythology?

What about hypothesis don't you understand?

> >  Lucretius had the hypothesis of eternal
> >   atoms forming combinations and permutations.
>
> So?  He thought big things were made of smaller things.  What has that
> to do with mythology?

What about hypothesis don't you understand?

> >   In the twentieth century with the Big Bang,
> >   inertia, and entropy, Aristotle is consistent
> >   with the evidence.
>
> Only if you squint yor eyes really tight and ignore science, right?

What science ignores the Big Bang, inertia, and entropy?

Job 26:7 - He stretcheth out the north over the empty place,
and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

> >   Jim
>
> >  I Cor
>
> >   15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I
> > preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
>
> >   15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
> > preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
>
> >   15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also
> > received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the
> > scriptures; [article]
>
> >   15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day
> > according to the scriptures:
>
> >   15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
>
> >   15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once;
> > of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen
> > asleep.
>
> >   15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
>
> >   15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of
> > due time.- Hide quoted text -
>
> And the Holy Zombie has been hiding from its most devout followers
> ever since.
>
> JohnN

Did the great nothing in the sky,
tell you that?

Jim

Mt 12:39 - But he answered and said unto them, An evil and
adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be
given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Meteorite Debris

Mar 23, 2009, 3:51:09 AM3/23/09
Last time that great scribe rogue <rogu...@hotmail.com> chipped away at
his/her stone these gems of wisdom for posterity ...

> On Mar 22, 4:50 pm, Meteorite Debris
> <epicurusboth@YOUR_SHOESaapt.net.au> wrote:
> > Last time that great scribe Christian <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> chipped
> > away at his/her stone these gems of wisdom for posterity ...
> >
> > > x-no-archive: yes
> >
> > > GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> > > created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
> >
> > > I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> > > it has clearly been made by GOD!
> >
> > > How can you say that there is no GOD?
> >
> > > Please come back to GOD!
> >
> > What god. Everything was created by the Great Cosmic Cat.
> >

> Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Oh no. Both the IPU and the FSM are heresies. The Great Cosmic Cat will
claw believers in those other entities.

Yap

Mar 23, 2009, 4:48:11 AM3/23/09
On Mar 21, 10:13 pm, "Lock Stock & Barrel" <lockstckbrr...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Nay, you saw wrong...it's a donkey.

Nosterill

Mar 23, 2009, 8:06:08 AM3/23/09
On Mar 21, 12:00 am, "Christian" <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you.

How do you know that?

> Why don't you believe in your creator?

Because I see no evidence to suggest that I was "created".

> I don't understand atheists,

Obviously

> the world is so wonderful,

Agreed. It is wonderful.

> it has clearly been made by GOD!

How do you leap to that conclusion?

> How can you say that there is no GOD?

There is no evidence for one.

> Please come back to GOD!

How can I come back to something that was never there?

Alex W.

Mar 23, 2009, 9:29:10 AM3/23/09
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:21:09 +1030, Meteorite Debris wrote:

> Last time that great scribe rogue <rogu...@hotmail.com> chipped away at
> his/her stone these gems of wisdom for posterity ...
>
>> On Mar 22, 4:50 pm, Meteorite Debris
>> <epicurusboth@YOUR_SHOESaapt.net.au> wrote:
>>> Last time that great scribe Christian <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> chipped
>>> away at his/her stone these gems of wisdom for posterity ...

>>> What god. Everything was created by the Great Cosmic Cat.
>>>

>> Flying Spaghetti Monster.
>
> Oh no. Both the IPU and the FSM are heresies. The Great Cosmic Cat will
> claw believers in those other entities.

I'm not worried.
I defend myself by strategic placement of Cosmic Catnip and
the cunning application of ball of string theory.

JohnN

Mar 23, 2009, 1:28:14 PM3/23/09
On Mar 22, 10:46 pm, jwsheffi...@satx.rr.com wrote:
> On Mar 22, 9:15 pm, JohnN <jnorri...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > >  Last count there were at least 5000.
> > >  Which is the one he's wanking on about ?
>
> > >  You are wrong. All cultures have the concept
> > >  of a Great Spirit or Supreme Being.
>
> > But the individual Great Spririt of any one culture does not have to
> > be the same Great Spirit of another culture.
>
>    What about concept, don't you understand?

The part where the concept of a thing called a Great Spirit becomes a
specific thing called God. The concept of multiple Great Spirits does
not equate to a single great Spirit nor the specific one that created
the universe.

> > >  In the ancient world Aristotle had the
> > >  hypothesis of an uncreated Creator.
>
> > What is the name of Aristotle's uncreated Creator?  Is it the same
> > uncreated Creator os any other mythology?
>
>    What about hypothesis don't you understand?

I don't know, you did not explain what the hypothesis was or how Ari
used it. Some times an hypothesis is meant to be taken as true some
an arguement can be advanced. Such as: If faster-than-light space
travel is true, then whose navy is stronger, Star Fleet of the Rebal
Fleet in Star Wars? See?

> > >  Lucretius had the hypothesis of eternal
> > >   atoms forming combinations and permutations.
>
> > So?  He thought big things were made of smaller things.  What has that
> > to do with mythology?
>
>       What about hypothesis don't you understand?

You were discussing the mythology of God, the Great Spirit, so what
does the hypothesis of atoms have to do with a God?

> > >   In the twentieth century with the Big Bang,
> > >   inertia, and entropy, Aristotle is consistent
> > >   with the evidence.
>
> > Only if you squint yor eyes really tight and ignore science, right?
>
>   What science ignores the Big Bang, inertia, and entropy?

Your mythology ignores science. One has to ignore all of science to
leap from an Uncreated Creator to the Big Bang.

>   Job 26:7 - He stretcheth out the north over the empty place,
>                   and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

The Earth does not hang or hangeth.

> > >   Jim
>
> > >  I Cor
>
> > >   15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I
> > > preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
>
> > >   15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
> > > preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
>
> > >   15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also
> > > received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the
> > > scriptures; [article]
>
> > >   15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day
> > > according to the scriptures:
>
> > >   15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
>
> > >   15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once;
> > > of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen
> > > asleep.
>
> > >   15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
>
> > >   15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of
> > > due time.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > And the Holy Zombie has been hiding from its most devout followers
> > ever since.
>
> > JohnN
>
>   Did the great nothing in the sky,
>   tell you that?

A nothing could not communicate with anyone. You may or may not hear
voices in your head, but don't assume I do.

>   Jim
>
>   Mt 12:39 - But he answered and said unto them, An evil and
> adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be

> given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:- Hide quoted text -

The Jonas Brothers Band are prophets?

JohnN

jwshe...@satx.rr.com

Mar 23, 2009, 8:50:50 PM3/23/09
Let's take the concept of tree, most tribes would call
a tree by a different name, but they would know what a tree
was in a different area. Same with the concept
of Great Spirit.

> > > What is the name of Aristotle's uncreated Creator?  Is it the same
> > > uncreated Creator os any other mythology?
>
> >    What about hypothesis don't you understand?
>
> I don't know, you did not explain what the hypothesis was or how Ari
> used it.  Some times an hypothesis is meant to be taken as true some
> an arguement can be advanced.  Such as: If faster-than-light space
> travel is true, then whose navy is stronger, Star Fleet of the Rebal
> Fleet in Star Wars?  See?

I guess it went over your head.

> > > So?  He thought big things were made of smaller things.  What has that
> > > to do with mythology?
>
> >       What about hypothesis don't you understand?
>
> You were discussing the mythology of God, the Great Spirit, so what
> does the hypothesis of atoms have to do with a God?

His theory which would be called steady-state
is not consistent with the evidence as Aristotle's
is.

A Dr. Hoyle advocated it in the 20th century

[The Big Bang] is an irrational process that cannot be described in
scientific terms … [nor] challenged by an appeal to observation.
—Hoyle

but like lucretius was not consisent with the evidence

For most purposes, however, the debate between the big bang and the
steady state was over in 1965, with big bang the clear winner. Steady-
state advocates were reduced to making ad hoc arguments of little
plausibility, and they were increasingly marginalized.

http://www.aip.org/history/cosmology/ideas/bigbang.htm

> > > Only if you squint yor eyes really tight and ignore science, right?
>
> >   What science ignores the Big Bang, inertia, and entropy?
>
> Your mythology ignores science.  One has to ignore all of science to
> leap from an Uncreated Creator to the Big Bang.

It fits the hypothesis of Aristotle, not that of Lucretius
or Hoyle, the theory that predicts is normaly accepted.

> >   Job 26:7 - He stretcheth out the north over the empty place,
> >                   and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
>
> The Earth does not hang or hangeth.

Maybe it sits on a turtle?

So you just base your theories on your unbelief.

> >   Jim
>
> >   Mt 12:39 - But he answered and said unto them, An evil and
> > adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be
> > given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas

> The Jonas Brothers Band are prophets?
>
> JohnN

No, the tomb was empty, and the Romans with
all their power never produced the body, or wrote
a tome explaining what happened if Jesus wasn't
risen. He is risen indeed!

Who Moved the Stone? (Paperback)
by Frank Morison (Author)

Product Description
The author began to write this book with the intention of disproving
the Resurrection but found instead that the evidence supported the
biblical story. This recognized classic is an examination of his
research and the evidence he found.

From the Back Cover
"I owe Morison a great debt of gratitude. Who Moved the Stone? was an
important early link in a long chain of evidence that God used to
bring me into his kingdom. Morison’s stirring intellectual exploration
of the historical record proved to be an excellent starting point for
my spiritual investigation." --From the foreword by Lee Strobel
English journalist Frank Morison had a tremendous drive to learn of
Christ. The strangeness of the Resurrection story had captured his
attention, and, influenced by skeptic thinkers at the turn of the
century, he set out to prove that the story of Christ’s Resurrection
was only a myth. His probings, however, led him to discover the
validity of the biblical record in a moving, personal way.

Who Moved the Stone? is considered by many to be a classic apologetic
on the subject of the Resurrection. Morison includes a vivid and
poignant account of Christ’s betrayal, trial, and death as a backdrop
to his retelling of the climactic Resurrection itself. Among the
chapter titles are: * The Book That Refused to Be Written * The Real
Case Against the Prisoner * What Happened Before Midnight on Thursday
* Between Sunset and Dawn * The Witness of the Great Stone * Some
Realities of That Far-off Morning

Who Moved the Stone? is a well-researched book that is as fascinating
in its appeal to reason as it is accurate to the truthfulness of the
Resurrection.

http://www.amazon.com/Who-Moved-Stone-Frank-Morison/dp/0310295610

Jim

Luke 24:36-46

[36] While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood
among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."

[37] They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost.
[38] He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in
your minds? [39] Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch
me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I
have."

[40] When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. [41]
And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement,
he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" [42] They gave him
a piece of broiled fish, [43] and he took it and ate it in their
presence.

[44] He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with
you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law
of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

[45] Then he opened their minds so they could understand the
Scriptures. [46] He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ
will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day."

Luke 1:2

Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were
eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

Smiler

Mar 23, 2009, 9:09:21 PM3/23/09

An ass on an ass.

Smiler

Mar 23, 2009, 9:12:34 PM3/23/09

Don't forget to have a plentiful supply of orange peel to hand.
Cats hate the smell.

walksalone

Mar 23, 2009, 10:22:54 PM3/23/09
jwshe...@satx.rr.com

> On Mar 23, 12:28 pm, JohnN <jnorri...@hotmail.com> wrote:

snip

Care to guess again Jim, My people didn't. Gods, why yes, el supremeo,
guess again.

>> >    What about concept, don't you understand?
>>
>> The part where the concept of a thing called a Great Spirit becomes a
>> specific thing called God.  The concept of multiple Great Spirits
>> does not equate to a single great Spirit nor the specific one that
>> created the universe.
>>
> Let's take the concept of tree, most tribes would call
> a tree by a different name, but they would know what a tree
> was in a different area. Same with the concept
> of Great Spirit.

Nope, great spirit is a white mans term, & like most of his dealings, he
was assuming our mythology paralled his. It didn't, & doesn't.
The way it works, a band, tribe, nation may have a favorite god, say one
for bringing the buffalo. That god was not over other gods, for they had
responsibilities that equaled his/hers.

Now did any tribe have a Manitou concept [a super god as it were], yes.
But not all. Not even the Aztec nor Maya.

So, tell me again how na pe was a supreme god, if you can.

>> >    What about hypothesis don't you understand?

>> I don't know, you did not explain what the hypothesis was or how Ari
>> used it.  Some times an hypothesis is meant to be taken as true some
>> an arguement can be advanced.  Such as: If faster-than-light space
>> travel is true, then whose navy is stronger, Star Fleet of the Rebal
>> Fleet in Star Wars?  See?

> I guess it went over your head.

No, it eluded you. To propose a concept that has no meaning in logic,
such as an uncreated creator, is a logical fallacy. One may assume the
hypothesis for sake of discussion, but no logical person would assume it
to be a valid discussion.
You see, it is an argument from absurdity. No reason to assume otherwise.
& yes, philosophers frequewntly present such arguments.

> that
>>
>> >       What about hypothesis don't you understand?

Your misuse of the terms? This is being responded to from the atheist
newsgroup. You know, the one that accepts evidence & not claims. That
atheist newsgroup.

>> You were discussing the mythology of God, the Great Spirit, so what
>> does the hypothesis of atoms have to do with a God?

> His theory which would be called steady-state
> is not consistent with the evidence as Aristotle's
> is.

Aristotle claim for an uncreated creator is without foundation. But
atoms, yes they exist. The only thing Lucretius missed, they are not
eternal. They break down due to radioactive decay & other various causes.
You did take inorganic chemistry in high school, didn't you?

> A Dr. Hoyle advocated it in the 20th century

&. What was his specialty, astronomy, chemistry, or just a graduare of an
ICR grad?

> [The Big Bang] is an irrational process that cannot be described in
> scientific terms … [nor] challenged by an appeal to observation.
> —Hoyle

But it can, for it fits the evidence to hand & astronomers make
predictions based on it. You are aware of the cosmic background
radiation, as well as the tempeture of space itself, the Doppler effects,
blue & red shift etc. If not, why are you playing astronomer quoteing a
person you likedly have never read.

> but like lucretius was not consisent with the evidence

You are in error in both cases. But then, this is not unusual for xians
when they are on parade.

> For most purposes, however, the debate between the big bang and the
> steady state was over in 1965, with big bang the clear winner. Steady-
> state advocates were reduced to making ad hoc arguments of little
> plausibility, and they were increasingly marginalized.

Yet, the theory still has a place in science. Now why is that?

> http://www.aip.org/history/cosmology/ideas/bigbang.htm

You can't put it in your own words then? Typical.

Only if you redefine evidence.

>> >   What science ignores the Big Bang, inertia, and entropy?
>>
>> Your mythology ignores science.  One has to ignore all of science to
>> leap from an Uncreated Creator to the Big Bang.

> It fits the hypothesis of Aristotle, not that of Lucretius
> or Hoyle, the theory that predicts is normaly accepted.

IOW, you are attempting to appeal to an authority, in this case, an
unfounded authority. The BB is consistent with the universe we have, &
has failed to predict everything. No astronomer expects it to. But then,
unlike the xian approach, it can be called a SWAG & not a WAG.

>> >   Job 26:7 - He stretcheth out the north over the empty place,
>> >                   and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
>>
>> The Earth does not hang or hangeth.
>>
> Maybe it sits on a turtle?

Nope, unless you are on Discworld that is.

snip

> No, the tomb was empty, and the Romans with

According to the claims of the xian founders & authores of epigraphic
noivels called the Greek Testaments.
In order for there to be a tomb, there would have had to have been a
death.
Roman solders would not have a tomb to guard in this case. You see, the
Romans had a nasty habit of leaving traitors out to fall apart. Which
also indicates that there was no Passover crucifixion.
But lets say the tomb was empty.
Was there evcr an occupant?
If there was, what warranty do we have it made it past sundown before
being removed by the tombs owner, & dumped on the trash heap for the dogs
& ravens.
We have claims that evidence from the region can not & does not support.

> all their power never produced the body, or wrote
> a tome explaining what happened if Jesus wasn't
> risen. He is risen indeed!

It's obvious that you havce a limited view of the possibilities.

> Who Moved the Stone? (Paperback)
> by Frank Morison (Author)

snip appeal to the apologetic industry.

> Who Moved the Stone? is a well-researched book that is as fascinating
> in its appeal to reason as it is accurate to the truthfulness of the
> Resurrection.
>

> http://www.amazon.com/Who-Moved-Stone-Frank-Morison/dp/0310295610
>
> Jim
>
> Luke 24:36-46

snip Greek Testaent verses that are norting but silly in an adult
discussion.

Tell you what I'll do Jim, just for you. I'll read the book, after you
read one. It has nothing to do with your myth, but it involves the
history of gods in that region, prior to & during that time.

Gods, Goddesses, & Images of Gods In Ancient Israel.
Then we can discuss them, right here, on the atheist news group.

If that one is to dry, how about:
The Bible unearthed?
Israel's Beneficial Dead?
World Mythology?
Bible Myths & Their Paralles?
Hebrew Myths, The Book of Genesis?
The Messiah Myth?
Jelous Gods Chosen People?

Your call, go for it.

It should be a cake walk, after all, I'm from the rolling hills of Iowa, &
elsewhere. No collage, just a GED. A cake walk.
Or is it, for I can read & research what I have read.

walksalone who forgot to mention, those are just some of the books in his
library.

Speaking of crucified jesus types, Jim, which one of the following as
crucified & how do we know.

Jesus ben Phiabi
Jesus ben Sec
Jesus ben Damneus
Jesus ben Gamaliel
Jesus ben Sirach
Jesus ben Pandira
Jesus ben Ananias.
Jesus ben Saphat
Jesus ben Gamala
Jesus ben Thebuth
Jesus ben Stada

Quintilian (AD 35-95, Decl 274)
'Whenever we crucify the guilty, the most crowded roads are chosen, where
most people can see and be moved by this fear. For penalties relate not so
much to retribution as to their exemplary effect.'

Tim McGaughy

Mar 23, 2009, 10:29:14 PM3/23/09
Christian wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> Please come back to GOD!

I can't decide whether this is an idiot or a troll.

Perhaps it's both.

johac

Mar 24, 2009, 12:16:01 AM3/24/09
In article <gq16pr$27s$1...@aioe.org>, "Christian" <Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE>
wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> How can you say that there is no GOD?

Because there is no evidence for gods.
--
John #1782

Virgil

Mar 24, 2009, 12:38:21 AM3/24/09
In article
jwshe...@satx.rr.com wrote:

> Let's take the concept of tree, most tribes would call
> a tree by a different name, but they would know what a tree
> was in a different area. Same with the concept
> of Great Spirit.

Except that in some tribes different species of trees are not considered
as variations on one theme but as entirely separate and independent
themes.

So that there would be no single spirit to be considered great but only
myriads of separate independent spirits with none of them dominating any
others.

Alex W.

Mar 24, 2009, 12:02:44 PM3/24/09

I wonder whether this is the entity worshipped by the
Catlick faith ...

Firelock

Mar 24, 2009, 12:56:10 PM3/24/09
On Mar 20, 7:00 pm, "Christian" <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> Please come back to GOD!

Judging by this one-post-wonder's success,
apparently the best trolls are the simplest ones.

--
Walt

jwshe...@satx.rr.com

Mar 24, 2009, 1:25:13 PM3/24/09
On Mar 23, 9:22 pm, walksalone <spamstop...@nerdshack.com> wrote:
> jwsheffi...@satx.rr.comnews:b63fba0c-e317-4ecb...@c9g2000yqm.googlegroups.com

They understood the concept of a great spirit
or supreme being. That's how we know.

> >> I don't know, you did not explain what the hypothesis was or how Ari
> >> used it.  Some times an hypothesis is meant to be taken as true some
> >> an arguement can be advanced.  Such as: If faster-than-light space
> >> travel is true, then whose navy is stronger, Star Fleet of the Rebal
> >> Fleet in Star Wars?  See?
> >    I guess it went over your head.
>
> No, it eluded you.  To propose a concept that has no meaning in logic,
> such as an uncreated creator, is a logical fallacy.  One may assume the
> hypothesis for sake of discussion, but no logical person would assume it
> to be a valid discussion.
> You see, it is an argument from absurdity.  No reason to assume otherwise.
> & yes, philosophers frequewntly present such arguments.

Aristotle's logic was taught for centuries.
I'll take him over you any day.

> >  that

> Your misuse of the terms?  This is being responded to from the atheist
> newsgroup.  You know, the one that accepts evidence & not claims.  That
> atheist newsgroup.

You can pick up a translation of his
work at Barnes and Noble if you really
accept evidence.

> >> You were discussing the mythology of God, the Great Spirit, so what
> >> does the hypothesis of atoms have to do with a God?
> >   His theory which would be called steady-state
> >   is not consistent with the evidence as Aristotle's
> >   is.
>
> Aristotle claim for an uncreated creator is without foundation.  But
> atoms, yes they exist.  The only thing Lucretius missed, they are not
> eternal.  They break down due to radioactive decay & other various causes.
> You did take inorganic chemistry in high school, didn't you?
>
> >    A Dr. Hoyle advocated it in the 20th century
>
> &.  What was his specialty, astronomy, chemistry, or just a graduare of an
> ICR grad?

He was a top scientist of the 20th century, he
explained how heavier metals were produced
in stars. Like you he was an atheist, but was
aware of the inplications of what he called the
Big Bang as an insult. The name stuck. If you had
gone to the url you would have read the documented
(i.e. evidence) debate.

> >    [The Big Bang] is an irrational process that cannot be described in
> > scientific terms … [nor] challenged by an appeal to observation.
> >        —Hoyle
>
> But it can, for it fits the evidence to hand & astronomers make
> predictions based on it.  You are aware of the cosmic background
> radiation, as well as the tempeture of space itself, the Doppler effects,
> blue & red shift etc. If not, why are you playing astronomer quoteing a
> person you likedly have never read.

Unlike you he was a top scientist and was aware
what Aristotle predicted many years ago.

> >  but like lucretius was not consisent with the evidence
>
> You are in error in both cases.  But then, this is not unusual for xians
> when they are on parade.

Dr. Hoyle like you just couldn't accept
evidence that went against his mythology.

> >   For most purposes, however, the debate between the big bang and the
> > steady state was over in 1965, with big bang the clear winner. Steady-
> > state advocates were reduced to making ad hoc arguments of little
> > plausibility, and they were increasingly marginalized.
>
> Yet, the theory still has a place in science.  Now why is that?

Debate's always go on in science.

> >http://www.aip.org/history/cosmology/ideas/bigbang.htm
>
> You can't put it in your own words then?  Typical.

It's called documentation, as opposed
to your unproven assertions.

> Only if you redefine evidence.

Unproved assertion again.

> >> Your mythology ignores science.  One has to ignore all of science to
> >> leap from an Uncreated Creator to the Big Bang.
> >    It fits the hypothesis of Aristotle, not that of Lucretius
> >    or Hoyle, the theory that predicts is normaly accepted.
>
> IOW, you are attempting to appeal to an authority, in this case, an
> unfounded authority.  The BB is consistent with the universe we have, &
> has failed to predict everything.  No astronomer expects it to.  But then,
> unlike the xian approach, it can be called a SWAG & not  a WAG.

Which is consistent with Aristotle and not
consistent with Dr. Hoyle.

> >> The Earth does not hang or hangeth.
>
> >    Maybe it sits on a turtle?
>
> Nope, unless you are on Discworld that is.

Then the Bible is right, it hangeth on nothing
(i.e. space)

> snip
>

> >    No, the tomb was empty, and the Romans with
>
> According to the claims of the xian founders & authores of epigraphic
> noivels called the Greek Testaments.
> In order for there to be a tomb, there would have had to have been a
> death.
> Roman solders would not have a tomb to guard in this case.  You see, the
> Romans had a nasty habit of leaving traitors out to fall apart.  Which
> also indicates that there was no Passover crucifixion.
> But lets say the tomb was empty.
> Was there evcr an occupant?
> If there was, what warranty do we have it made it past sundown before
> being removed by the tombs owner, & dumped on the trash heap for the dogs
> & ravens.
> We have claims that evidence from the region can not & does not support.
>
> >    all their power never produced the body, or wrote
> >    a tome explaining what happened if Jesus wasn't
> >    risen. He is risen indeed!
>
> It's obvious that you havce a limited view of the possibilities.

The people who ran the Roman Empire were
no dummies. They did interrogations. e.g.
Pilate, Paulinius,Galio the brother of Seneca,
Felix, Festus, and Pliny the Tounger. May I
ask what Empire you have run.

> >   Who Moved the Stone? (Paperback)
> > by Frank Morison (Author)
>
> snip appeal to the apologetic industry.

Just don't read the other side, that way
your mythology is safe.

> > Who Moved the Stone? is a well-researched book that is as fascinating
> > in its appeal to reason as it is accurate to the truthfulness of the
> > Resurrection.
>
> >http://www.amazon.com/Who-Moved-Stone-Frank-Morison/dp/0310295610
>
> >   Jim
>
> >   Luke 24:36-46
>
> snip Greek Testaent verses that are norting but silly in an adult
> discussion.

Luke used eyewitnesses

Lu 1:2 - Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the

beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

unlike you who just gives unproven
assertions.

I was raised an atheist, so I know most
of those myths. The others were done ib their
own societies, as the one about Romulus in Plutarch
raising from the dead. Plutarch, said the Senate probably
disposed of the body. Jesus rose from the dead
in a city controlled by the Romans ans Jerusalem
authorities who had every reason to disprove it, if
it was untrue.

>  Quintilian (AD 35-95, Decl 274)
> 'Whenever we crucify the guilty, the most crowded roads are chosen, where
> most people can see and be moved by this fear. For penalties relate not so
> much to retribution as to their exemplary effect.'

I give this little chalenge on the internet when I get bored.
It's fun watching unbelievers tryiing to respond to it.

Let's write four books telling about an imaginary person giving
actual

towns where you claim these events occured, claiming he was born of a
virgin, preached in named towns, executed and rose from the dead and
convince most of the known world that it is true writing these four
books in the
major languages as the Bible in ancient times is found in Aramaic,
Greek, Coptic,Vetus Latin and other languages. It should be easier
this time
arround since the Romans used torture to get at the truth. Let's see
if

you can PROVE your fantasy of a hoax. The power of the Roman Empire
couldn't disprove one jot or tittle of the four Gospels. I shall be
waiting for YOUR PROOF. GOD bless!

Pax Christi,

Jim

Show me the bones and I am out of here!
A few years ago the bones of Caiaphas
the high priest were found,
but none
of Jesus since He is risen. He is risen, indeed!
Bibical Archaeology Review, September/October 1992,p 38-44,76

Angelico

Mar 24, 2009, 1:32:58 PM3/24/09
<Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>GOD has created this wonderful planet

Unproven assertion #1

> and GOD has
>created you.

Plus unproven assertion #2

> Why don't you believe in your creator?

Equals nonsensical question.

>I don't understand atheists,

That one you got right.

> the world is so wonderful,

Agreed.

>it has clearly been made by GOD!

Oh, you shit it. What a shame, you were doing it quite well.

>How can you say that there is no GOD?

Because nobody has proven it is?

>Please come back to GOD!

46º38'11.25" N
9º44'59.61" E

The closest I've ever been is in Balzers, the southernmost village in
Liechtenstein. A very beautiful place, where I plan to go back some
day.
--
Angel Arnal, Valencia, España aa #1443
EAC Chairperson for Bible Translation Mess-up

Therion Ware

Mar 24, 2009, 1:48:12 PM3/24/09
<Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
>created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
>I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,

>it has clearly been made by GOD!
>

>How can you say that there is no GOD?
>

>Please come back to GOD!

Which one?

walksalone

Mar 24, 2009, 10:31:18 PM3/24/09
jwshe...@satx.rr.com

> On Mar 23, 9:22 pm, walksalone <spamstop...@nerdshack.com> wrote:

>> jwsheffi...@satx.rr.comnews:b63fba0c-e317-4ecb-8736-0dd411023ab8@c9g20
>> 00y

Those were real people, according to a historian that xians enjoy quoting
with some frequency. By the way, the crucified one, he's the last one.
Crucified for being a traitor to Rome. It matters not, what kind of
traitor, a traitor.

> own societies, as the one about Romulus in Plutarch
> raising from the dead. Plutarch, said the Senate probably

Let's see, nowhere in the above list. Was anyone resurrected. Are you
sure you're not reading into the material that was offered? It's rather
easy to do in this medium, as well as being a natural inclination of
humanity as far as I can tell. Done it myself I have. And do it again,
probably. Very irritating when you're trying to read for information.

> disposed of the body. Jesus rose from the dead
> in a city controlled by the Romans ans Jerusalem

Not really, it is claimed, he rose from the dead. There is a difference.
Such an event would have been noticed and talked about. There's no
alternative. This would have been totally alien to Jewish theology. The
claim for a godchild is totally alien to Jewish theology to start with, but
is very common within the Greek theology. Add to that, the Greeks wrote
your Gospels. There is a connection, whether or not xians like to admit
it. Now you might want to claim lack of evidence is not evidence of lack.
But, it is in this case as well as any other case of this caliber. And
there should be evidence, that the filling of evidence, and there is none,
the logical conclusion is the event claimed never happened. Of course,
you're not bound by that consideration. Nor would I insist you accept it
as binding on you.

There are so many things that scream this is wrong about that particular
myth that a Usenet message would never make it past the ISP.

But briefly.
The story excludes a second and more likely possibility had to be event
took place no matter who the victim was. But the body was removed after
sundown and chunked into the common trash pit where the dogs and other
carrion eaters would devour it.
Why would that be a possibility, it's certainly more probable than a
crucifixion during Passover. Do you think the Roman authorities did not
have the means to restrain somebody at their convenience? Not bloody
likely.

> authorities who had every reason to disprove it, if
> it was untrue.

They had no reason to disprove it. To start with, what information do you
have to disprove that I am a male or a female. It's immaterial. A
specially when the myth has not been founded as of yet. It's one of those
things where, why throw a bucket of water into the fireplace, if there is
no fire in the fireplace. You forget how late in history and mythology took
off under Saul.

>>  Quintilian (AD 35-95, Decl 274)
>> 'Whenever we crucify the guilty, the most crowded roads are chosen,
>> where most people can see and be moved by this fear. For penalties
>> relate not so
>> much to retribution as to their exemplary effect.'
>
> I give this little chalenge on the internet when I get bored.
> It's fun watching unbelievers tryiing to respond to it.

You give a little challenge is meaningless, but here's a real challenge for
you. Establish beyond a reasonable doubt that there is a requirement for a
god to start with. No maybes, but into the strong probability range. If
gods really are required, it's a piece of cake.

> Let's write four books telling about an imaginary person giving
> actual

Let's don't say we did, you see, you are attempting to equate done deals
with imaginary deals. The Greek Testament do exist, they are epigraphic
material because no one knows who wrote them. No big deal. What is known
as a were written for individual audiences, apparently Matthew was for the
Jewish population. Indicated by the trope he uses for the so-called
entrance into Jerusalem. Would you care to discuss the temple incident
under historical and social context, question mark or would you prefer to
avoid that.

> towns where you claim these events occured, claiming he was born of a
> virgin, preached in named towns, executed and rose from the dead and
> convince most of the known world that it is true writing these four
> books in the
> major languages as the Bible in ancient times is found in Aramaic,

There is only one Aramaic edition that I'm aware of, the majority are in
Greek. The business language of the ancient near East

> Greek, Coptic,Vetus Latin and other languages. It should be easier

The Coptic Gospels by large are Gnostic, do you see where this is going?

> this time

> arround since the Romans used torture to get at the truth. Let's see
> if

Not just the Romans, everyone did. So far, we don't have anything to
really work with.

> you can PROVE your fantasy of a hoax. The power of the Roman Empire
> couldn't disprove one jot or tittle of the four Gospels. I shall be
> waiting for YOUR PROOF. GOD bless!

The Roman Empire never tried just to disprove the myth during its
foundational years, why would it, unlike xianity. It was tolerant of other
mythologies within the entire. It even allowed Judaism and Jews, and mails
it least, were not required to serve in the Roman army. Due to their
mythological beliefs and their holy book, which says about shalt not kill.
Murder, and the recent recompilation in order to make the ten Commandments
more palatable and justify killing under the guise of law.
So, you are starting from a false assumption, that Rome would even have
cared about an early church, let alone care enough to try and disprove his
claim of a god man. A claim that only a got many district that was
resurrected was common fare in the ancient Mediterranean basin. The
concept of a resurrection god was common within the Greek world, which
included, the majority of the Mediterranean basin. Thanks to Alexander the
great. When the Romans took over that empire, just as Alexander had taken
over from the Persians, they incorporated the ancient mythologies into the
society and permitted continuation of the worship of those gods.

So Jim, there is no reason for anyone to attempt to write four books about
a fictional event that took place during a time prior to writing being very
common and people moving from place to place being common at all. What you
have, if you want, is a potential for discussing the foundation of the xian
mythology. And some of its development. Starting from Abraham, boy howdy,
that's a mess, right on up to the return from the Babylonian vacation. The
missing David and Solomon. The nonexistent United Kingdom, as described
within the Hebrew Bible. There's just too much that says, this is not
exactly true.
Conversely, take the Hebrew Bible and read it as a national epic, and it
begins to make sense.

Just out of curiosity, Jim, how many creation stories are found within the
Hebrew Bible? I know of at least two, maybe, you know more.

Just out of curiosity Jim, who was Adam's first wife, and how do we know
about it?

Just out of curiosity, Jim, what is the probability that Eve is a euphemism
for the mother Goddess that Judaism was trying to replace.

Just out of curiosity, Jim, when did yahweh, the last and most current of
the Judaic gods, go from being bad news to being an all-around nice guy.

I have many questions, Jim, and I will not try to send you off on a wild
goose chase.

Oh, by the way, just so you know. Me say god bless, you are telling the
world. You have a pet god. I wouldn't think such a god be worthy of
worship, let alone, fear. Or, what the xians call love. The Hebrew Bible
is very specific about this, you must fear your god. Of course, xians only
pay attention to the Hebrew Bible when it supports their point of view or
their various claims. We both know that, you probably more than I do.

> Pax Christi,

If that's what makes you happy, may Satan take you and bless you. After
all, he has what you're gods. Just not one you're happy with & claim. And
another god I don't believe in either.

> Jim
>

> Show me the bones and I am out of here!

Can't be done, even though xianity had attempted to come up with various
artifacts that established the reality of their claims.

> A few years ago the bones of Caiaphas
> the high priest were found,

In the proper venue, which is to say, verifiable. Remember the tomb of
Jesus, the ossuary of James? Why were they not accepted. Because they did
not the requirements established by archaeology, for verifying the
authenticity of the recovered articles.

> but none
> of Jesus since He is risen. He is risen, indeed!

Again, the entire range of possibilities is not covered. The probability,
never existed. The likelihood, never existed, which does cover the
historical information we have on the missing messiah of xianity.

> Bibical Archaeology Review, September/October 1992,p 38-44,76

You wouldn't quote a source with an obvious bias which you Jim? You just
did. At one time, Biblical archaeology review was halfway decent.
Recently it appears to have become simply another apologetic works outlet.
They have quit taking articles, as far as, I can tell, that do not support
the Biblical view. Sad really, for that region is rich in history. Yet,
they present their point of view as the only likelihood of existing in
being correct. An example, what article on the exodus that I recently
read, indicates now the new buzz phrase is, instead of being the way it
was, a probability. Sad how it is followed from academic, well at least
quasi-academic, to an apologetic press. I believe I still have the article
they presented on the standing stones of the desert, which was rather
interesting and unbiased as far as I could tell. Now, it's going the way
of the ICR. Still, not a problem for me until people start taking it
seriously, and then making the mistake of assuming I must do so as well,
because it has the word biblical in it.

walksalone, who does not expect a conversation that will exchange
information, after all, xians don't really know that much about the
pounding of their mythology, and its history. If you knew how many deaths
were attributed to it, they would have to re-examine their position and
that won't work. For a religion of peace it frequently is awfully violent.
If you don't agree with them. Like the other redheaded stepchild of the
Judaic myth, Islam.

Take care, and as best you can enjoy life for the only purpose of life is
to live fully. If you do that, a side benefit for your society is, you
will have contributed to the welfare of all. Instead of a rather small,
was first community.

From the Avesta, which predates the Hebrew Bible.

Zarathushtra asked Ahura Mazda: 'O Ahura Mazda, most beneficent Spirit,
Maker of the material world, thou Holy One!
'What is the only word in which is contained the glorification of all good
things, of all the things that are the offspring of the good principle?'

Ahura Mazda answered: 'It is the praise of Holiness (Asha: the Ashem Vohu),
O Spitama Zarathushtra!

Jim Austin

Mar 25, 2009, 12:17:15 AM3/25/09
On Mar 20, 4:00 pm, "Christian" <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?

Why are believers unable to fashion an argument that doesn't
presuppose their conclusions?

> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> it has clearly been made by GOD!

This guy is clearly unable to go from evidence to conclusion.

> How can you say that there is no GOD?

He is unable to conceive of anything other than starting with a
predetermined conclusion.

> Please come back to GOD!

Proof first.

Message has been deleted

jwshe...@satx.rr.com

Mar 25, 2009, 4:19:23 PM3/25/09
May I take your response to mean,
you won't be writing those four books.
I shall put you down as another who
failed to meet my little challenge.

[...]

Rev. Karl E. Taylor

Mar 25, 2009, 4:46:35 PM3/25/09

walksalone

Mar 25, 2009, 10:16:42 PM3/25/09
jwshe...@satx.rr.com news:917596af-6d9a-4bb2-a4eb-
fad177...@n17g2000vba.googlegroups.com

> May I take your response to mean,
> you won't be writing those four books.

As soon as you front, & pay for the expenses, sure. It shouldn't take much
more than four million dollars, for starters.
When can I expect the money?

> I shall put you down as another who
> failed to meet my little challenge.
>
> I give this little chalenge on the internet when I get bored.
> It's fun watching unbelievers tryiing to respond to it.

This is response to your attempt to play a game that the atheist news group
has seen far to often. it is an attempt to deflect attention away from
your unwillingness or inability to take part in a conversation that exposes
how shallow you really are. Not the original intent, but you ran from that
conversation like a scalded dog.

> Let's write four books telling about an imaginary person giving
> actual

Let's not & say we did. it is your scenero, your books if you want them
wrote.

Now on to the purpose of this attempted diversion. Which is a response to
jwshe...@satx.rr.com

>> I don't know, you did not explain what the hypothesis was or how Ari
>> used it.  Some times an hypothesis is meant to be taken as true some
>> an arguement can be advanced.  Such as: If faster-than-light space
>> travel is true, then whose navy is stronger, Star Fleet of the Rebal
>> Fleet in Star Wars?  See?

> I guess it went over your head.

No, it eluded you. To propose a concept that has no meaning in logic,
such as an uncreated creator, is a logical fallacy. One may assume the
hypothesis for sake of discussion, but no logical person would assume it
to be a valid discussion.
You see, it is an argument from absurdity. No reason to assume otherwise.

& yes, philosophers frequently present such arguments.

> Who Moved the Stone? (Paperback)
> by Frank Morison (Author)

snip appeal to the apologetic industry.

> Who Moved the Stone? is a well-researched book that is as fascinating
> in its appeal to reason as it is accurate to the truthfulness of the
> Resurrection.
>

> http://www.amazon.com/Who-Moved-Stone-Frank-Morison/dp/0310295610
>
> Jim
>
> Luke 24:36-46

snip Greek Testaent verses that are nothing but silly in an adult
discussion.

Quintilian (AD 35-95, Decl 274)
'Whenever we crucify the guilty, the most crowded roads are chosen, where
most people can see and be moved by this fear. For penalties relate not so
much to retribution as to their exemplary effect.'

> towns where you claim these events occured, claiming he was born of a
> virgin, preached in named towns, executed and rose from the dead and
> convince most of the known world that it is true writing these four
> books in the
> major languages as the Bible in ancient times is found in Aramaic,
> Greek, Coptic,Vetus Latin and other languages. It should be easier
> this time
> arround since the Romans used torture to get at the truth. Let's see
> if
>

> you can PROVE your fantasy of a hoax. The power of the Roman Empire
> couldn't disprove one jot or tittle of the four Gospels. I shall be
> waiting for YOUR PROOF. GOD bless!

Yet, nowhere is any record found of such a claim, until after the supposed
events & then by 30 to 40 years by unkown authors. They are called the
gospels. Oddly, the letters of Saul, & the forgeries in his name predate
the gospels. Not so odd really, but what is odd, is each book was written
to a different audience.

Take matthew, written for Jews, & the author obviously wasn't a practicing
Jew. Of course, one has to read in context, historical & social, to learn
this.

Now, for your so called challange, for starters, you will need to purchase,
& send to me, varfious lectures from the Teaching Company.
This is in addition to travel, meals & lodging I will need to complete the
[guffaw] books challange.

I suspect the bill will be aroud 3-7 thousand dollars. Once you send them
to me, you will never see them again.

I won't hold my breath, but unlike your books challange, I am serious.

For starters, I will need the History of the New Testament, the missing
Christianities, The Gnostic Series, A rather long list really.
Just go to their web site & order anything involving the bible,
christianiuty, Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Assyrian & Babylonian HGistory. &
throw Persia in the mix, their myth is the forerunner of the Hebrew dual
gods system.

Can I expect these to be UPS'ed within the week, or am I to assume your
challange was just the bullshit it appeared to be?

seon

Jan 11, 2011, 2:40:18 PM1/11/11
<Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:

>GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
>created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>

>I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
>it has clearly been made by GOD!
>

>How can you say that there is no GOD?
>

>Please come back to GOD!

There is no evidence to prove your God exists let alone any God or
Goddess.

Mike Jones

Jan 11, 2011, 3:53:42 PM1/11/11
Responding to seon:

Plus, he's a blaspheming idiot, and therefore offensive.

(See the siglink.)

--
*=( http://www.churchofreality.org/

Repent

Jan 13, 2011, 11:40:07 AM1/13/11
to seon

Ah Grasshopper, but there is evidence-

Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible
qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen,
being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Christopher A. Lee

Jan 13, 2011, 11:45:19 AM1/13/11
On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:40:07 -0500, Repent <yar...@yayaya.com> wrote:

>On 01/11/2011 02:40 PM, seon wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:00:19 +0100, "Christian"
>> <Chri...@BIBLE.BIBLE> wrote:
>>
>>> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
>>> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>>>
>>> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
>>> it has clearly been made by GOD!

Blatant, question-begging stupidity.

>>> How can you say that there is no GOD?

Just move your lips,imbecile.

What's wrong with you?

Why can't you grasp the real world beyond your religion, where its god
is merely one of hundreds of similar beliefs that are only taken
seriously by their believers.

>>> Please come back to GOD!

Idiot.

>> There is no evidence to prove your God exists let alone any God or
>> Goddess.
>
>Ah Grasshopper, but there is evidence-
>
>Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible
>qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen,
>being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Are you really, honestly this stupid or just being an asshole for the
sake of it?

haiku jones

Jan 13, 2011, 11:57:31 AM1/13/11
On Jan 13, 9:40 am, Repent <yari...@yayaya.com> wrote:
> On 01/11/2011 02:40 PM, seon wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:00:19 +0100, "Christian"
> > <Christ...@BIBLE.BIBLE>  wrote:

> >> GOD has created this wonderful planet and GOD has
> >> created you. Why don't you believe in your creator?
>
> >> I don't understand atheists, the world is so wonderful,
> >> it has clearly been made by GOD!
>
> >> How can you say that there is no GOD?
>
> >> Please come back to GOD!
>
> > There is no evidence to prove your God exists let alone any God or
> > Goddess.

<>

;
> Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible
> qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen,
> being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Yep, that's true. Hindus clearly see Brahma,
Mayans clearly see Kukulcan, the Hopi
and the Navajo clearly see Spider Grandmother,
the Maori clearly see Ranginul. In fact, I'm
a bit surprised that you can't clearly see them.

haiku

Seon Ferguson

Jan 13, 2011, 3:22:26 PM1/13/11

"Repent" wrote in message news:4D2F2AE7...@yayaya.com...

The Bible does not count as evidence. My view of God is either you believe
in him or you don't, but there is no evidence. It's something personal.

Repaint!

Jan 13, 2011, 4:16:30 PM1/13/11
Repent <yar...@yayaya.com> wrote in news:4D2F2AE7...@yayaya.com:

> From: Repent

Thin no more.

--
Repaint!

thomas p.

Jan 14, 2011, 1:52:42 PM1/14/11
"Repent" <yar...@yayaya.com> skrev i meddelelsen

Wow, that is funny. It is not easy to do parodies of fundy twits, but yours
is very good. Keep up the good work.