Ki-Adi-Mundi = Coatimundi ?

DalGoda

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
Ever since I first heard the name Ki-Adi-Mundi I flashed to an image of a
South American Mammal; the coatimundi {co·a·ti·mun·di
Pronunciation: k&-"wä-ti-'m&n-dE, "kwä-, -'mun-}. Well today, I finally
decided to do some research, and there was a surprising amount of info on
the web. If you look at a picture
http://www.belizezoo.org/zoo/zoo/mammals/coa/coa2.html
you can sort of see a resemblance:)
Anyway, do you suppose that the Jedi Knight's name is just a
coincidence or more likely, a play on this creature's name?
http://users.intertex.net/rzu2u/jpg/coat2.jpg
I know the creature people at ILM have the habit of using mundane
and earthly names for their exotic creations. I haven't seen much 'behind
the scenes' information, or at least nothing that really talked about
Ki-Adi-Mundi.
Next time you see that cone headed Jedi Council member, be sure to
have a nice warm thought about the adorable mammal he's named after:)

--
DalGoda:)

For a listing of various Star Wars sites, goto:
http://coolsurfin.net/cgi-bin/starwars/rancor.cgi?dalgoda

would-be jedi

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
HAHa, very nice

mine own theory is that Lord Maul is sunburned:

he IS bright red
he constantly grimaces (and who doesn't with sunburn)
he doesn't take off his hood until his is fighting in the theed
generator room.

I know its cheesy but it does hold up.