java.security.AccessControlException

Ruxandra Domenig

Mar 16, 2001, 5:35:29 AM3/16/01
Hi!

I have an Applet which I run on IE. If I start IE,
it works well. If I reload the applet, I get the
following error

java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM)
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(Unknown
Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.exit(Unknown Source)
at
MetadataRepositoryTreeView.init(MetadataRepositoryTreeView.java:192)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown
Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The applet reads a file located on the Web Server.
I have no idea whether this is a java problem or
an IE configuration problem (why does it works the
first time?). Can someone help me?

Thank you!
Ruxandra

Ruxandra Domenig
Database Technology Group
University of Zuerich Phone +41-1-635 4307
Winterthurerstr. 190 Telefax +41-1-635 6809
CH-8057 Zuerich E-mail dom...@ifi.unizh.ch
Switzerland http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/~domenig

stefan

Mar 16, 2001, 9:21:37 AM3/16/01

"Ruxandra Domenig" <dom...@ifi.unizh.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
hello!
i think you have a java.policy-file problem. insert the following line in
your file and then try again. if it works, you have to specify your
policy-file for this applet.

permission java.security.AllPermission;

nice greetings stefan