Running DDF 2.8.0 as a Windows Service

Marc Landry

Dec 3, 2015, 10:37:15 AM12/3/15
to ddf-users, fsta...@logisphere.ca
Hi,

We just got to install DDF 2.8.0 and are trying to get it to run as a Windows service. The previous version we used (2.6.1) was running as a service just fine. With this version, something seems to fail along the way though and I can't quite put my finger on it.

The first step I did was to run the application from a command prompt using the batch file and went through the initial installation steps in the administration panel. I then generated a service wrapper ("feature:install wrapper" followed by "wrapper:install" and "karaf-service.bat install"). A Windows service is created as expected and can be started just fine. The issue occurs when I try to access the administration page after starting the service. The page prompts me with an authentication panel, in which I enter the default "admin" for username and password, but the dialog just keeps appearing as though the credentials were invalid.

The password must be valid, since it works well when the application is started from the command prompt. Furthermore, if I open the audit log (DDF_HOME\data\security\audit.log), I can see the following lines which seem to indicate that the credentials are indeed correct:

12/03/2015 09:37:40 - Authentication attempt - admin
12/03/2015 09:37:40 - Authentication succeeded - admin

If I try to connect to the service from a console, I get the following error:

client.bat -a 8101 -h localhost -u admin -p admin

client.bat: Ignoring predefined value for KARAF_HOME
Logging in as admin
1728 [sshd-SshClient[e056f20]-nio2-thread-3] WARN org.apache.sshd.client.session.ClientSessionImpl - Exception caught
java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: Prime size must be multiple of 64, and can only range from 512 to 2048 (inclusive)
        at com.sun.crypto.provider.DHKeyPairGenerator.initialize(DHKeyPairGenerator.java:120)
        at java.security.KeyPairGenerator$Delegate.initialize(KeyPairGenerator.java:674)
        at java.security.KeyPairGenerator.initialize(KeyPairGenerator.java:411)
        at org.apache.sshd.common.kex.DH.getE(DH.java:65)
        at org.apache.sshd.client.kex.DHGEX.next(DHGEX.java:118)
        at org.apache.sshd.common.session.AbstractSession.doHandleMessage(AbstractSession.java:425)
        at org.apache.sshd.common.session.AbstractSession.handleMessage(AbstractSession.java:326)
        at org.apache.sshd.client.session.ClientSessionImpl.handleMessage(ClientSessionImpl.java:306)
        at org.apache.sshd.common.session.AbstractSession.decode(AbstractSession.java:780)
        at org.apache.sshd.common.session.AbstractSession.messageReceived(AbstractSession.java:308)
        at org.apache.sshd.common.AbstractSessionIoHandler.messageReceived(AbstractSessionIoHandler.java:54)
        at org.apache.sshd.common.io.nio2.Nio2Session$1.onCompleted(Nio2Session.java:184)
        at org.apache.sshd.common.io.nio2.Nio2Session$1.onCompleted(Nio2Session.java:170)
        at org.apache.sshd.common.io.nio2.Nio2CompletionHandler$1.run(Nio2CompletionHandler.java:32)
        at org.apache.sshd.common.io.nio2.Nio2CompletionHandler.completed(Nio2CompletionHandler.java:30)
        at sun.nio.ch.Invoker.invokeUnchecked(Invoker.java:126)
        at sun.nio.ch.Invoker$2.run(Invoker.java:218)
        at sun.nio.ch.AsynchronousChannelGroupImpl$1.run(AsynchronousChannelGroupImpl.java:112)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Authentication failed

Do you have any idea what might be going wrong here? Did I miss a step when creating the service?

Thanks!

Marc Landry

Dec 3, 2015, 11:07:05 AM12/3/15
to ddf-users, fsta...@logisphere.ca
Hi,

Turns out I indeed missed a step while installing the service. The configuration file for the service was missing some options. After following the instructions located at "https://codice.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DDF22/Starting+and+Stopping", I now can access the administration page just fine.

I still get the InvalidAlgorithmParameterException when trying to open a console to the service though.

Thanks.

Keith Wire

Dec 3, 2015, 11:15:39 AM12/3/15
to Marc Landry, ddf-users, fsta...@logisphere.ca
Hi Mark,

We have a couple of bugs we are working and then will be pushing out a 2.8.1 release in the very near future.

—Keith

Ce courriel et ses pièces jointes peuvent contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou privilégiés à l’intention du destinataire seulement. Toute revue, utilisation, distribution ou divulgation de ces renseignements par d’autres personnes est strictement interdite. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire de ce courriel, ou si vous n’êtes pas autorisé à recevoir ce courriel en son nom, vous n’avez pas le droit de l’examiner, de le copier ou de le distribuer. Veuillez communiquer avec l’expéditeur en lui répondant et supprimez toutes les copies de son message.

Marc Landry

Dec 3, 2015, 11:17:08 AM12/3/15
to ddf-users, marc....@vooban.com, fsta...@logisphere.ca
Allright, thanks Keith!

Keith Wire

Dec 3, 2015, 5:03:22 PM12/3/15
to Marc Landry, ddf-users, fsta...@logisphere.ca
In case you aren’t watching the ticket here’s the comment I just posted:

This is a karaf issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-4062 and has been resolved.  Unfortunately it won't be available until they release 2.4.4.

Then copy this in the $DDF_HOME/lib/bin/karaf-client.jar.

—Keith