What should go into Write Repository as compared to Read ?

Sally

Jul 24, 2015, 7:05:57 PM7/24/15
to DDD/CQRS
Hello GoogleForumLovers

We are using write repository for Aggregates (Using AXON,CQRS techniques in Project).

I  want to understand and discuss about  what sort of details would  you put into Write store as compared to Read Store. ? and Why ?

Tom Janssens

Jul 25, 2015, 3:30:49 AM7/25/15
to DDD/CQRS, sahilral...@gmail.com
What do you mean with details? What do you mean with write store, and read store? (A store always needs writes, otherwise it wouldn't be a store.)

jarchin

Jul 25, 2015, 4:33:57 AM7/25/15
to DDD/CQRS
I would say all data to be stored is written, so write store. Not all of that is used in viewmodels. What is also parts of viewmodels goes in to readstore. It is duplicate data, on storage optimised for reads.

Wayne Douglas

Jul 25, 2015, 6:04:28 AM7/25/15
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
Anything you need to validate business constraints goes in the write store

Anything you need for your views, reports etc goes in your read store