List management

Greg Young

Sep 21, 2016, 5:33:45 PM9/21/16
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
I don't always have time to ban people/approve posts. Would someone be
interested in doing this?

--
Studying for the Turing test

Andrew Siemer

Sep 21, 2016, 8:37:52 PM9/21/16
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
I am certainly willing to help sir!  With most of the groups I help manage there is usually a collection of folks that can take care of these activities.

Chris Martin

Sep 21, 2016, 8:39:00 PM9/21/16
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
I would be willing to help as well.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Greg Young <gregor...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't always have time to ban people/approve posts. Would someone be
interested in doing this?

--
Studying for the Turing test

Thank You,
Christopher Martin

Jorge Branco

Sep 22, 2016, 2:20:34 AM9/22/16
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, as long as the responsibility doesn't fall entirely on me, I'd be willing to help too.

Alexandre Potvin Latreille

Sep 22, 2016, 9:06:35 AM9/22/16
to DDD/CQRS
Sure, I'd be happy to help as well.

Greg Young

Sep 22, 2016, 9:15:26 AM9/22/16
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
OK I added you guys as managers. There isn't really much to do except
for banning spammers. Occasionally there is a message that gets
flagged and needs approval.

Alexandre Potvin Latreille

Sep 23, 2016, 1:23:54 PM9/23/16
to DDD/CQRS
@Greg, I can't see the management options. Did you also include me?

Greg Young

Sep 23, 2016, 1:29:01 PM9/23/16
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
It didn't find your email when I searched just all the rest

Alexandre Potvin Latreille

Sep 23, 2016, 1:58:18 PM9/23/16
to DDD/CQRS

Jorge Branco

Sep 26, 2016, 4:42:37 PM9/26/16
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
Greg,

This isn't going anywhere like this. Wouldn't it better to have a relatively wide group of moderators, and have every mail in this list preapproved? Otherwise there's no point in having us ban people after the fact, the e-mail was already sent and they already got what they wanted.

Johanna Belanger

Sep 26, 2016, 5:10:57 PM9/26/16
to DDD/CQRS
Is it possible to require approval only for a new user's first post?

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Alexandre Potvin Latreille <alexandre.pot...@gmail.com> wrote:ble

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 1:29:01 PM UTC-4, Greg Young wrote:
It didn't find your email when I searched just all the rest

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Alexandre Potvin Latreille
<alexandre.pot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Greg, I can't see the management options. Did you also include me?
>
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 5:33:45 PM UTC-4, Greg Young wrote:
>>
>> I don't always have time to ban people/approve posts. Would someone be
>> interested in doing this?
>>
>> --
>> Studying for the Turing test
>
> --

Studying for the Turing test

Herman Peeren

Sep 27, 2016, 10:54:19 AM9/27/16
to DDD/CQRS
Yes, as I saw in another group I manage: under Group Settings > Settings > Moderation > New member restrictions you can choose "New member posts are moderated" instead of the current "No posting restriction for new members". Further: the recruiter's messages can also be deleted, so they don't polute the list anymore when looking via the browser.

Kirill Chilingarashvili

Oct 12, 2016, 12:46:34 AM10/12/16
to DDD/CQRS
Hi Greg,

can you make me moderator as well?
I visit the group daily,  I can ban recruiters (right now I report them as spam, but cannot do anything more than that)

Greg Young

Oct 12, 2016, 3:36:13 AM10/12/16
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
you are added as a manager.