Using EventStore (ges) with Node JS - experiences?

Hoegge

Oct 26, 2017, 11:06:51 AM10/26/17
to DDD/CQRS
Dear all,

Do anybody have good or bad experiences using EventStore.org / ges with Node JS? There are three different Node JS Api's (unsupported) listed at eventstore.org. It would be great if anybody had some advice or pros and cons on which one to dive into.

and I found these too:

Thanks in advance.
Hoegge

Raif Harik

Dec 4, 2017, 11:07:08 AM12/4/17
to DDD/CQRS
Hi, I have an app up and running using node-eventstore-client.  It's in qa but not in prod yet and wont be high traffic when it gets there.  It works well, so far as I can tell. I don't use projections with it yet.  I used to use ges-client and that worked very well too but used callbacks ans was a bit of a pain.
Ultimately these clients will just feed you streams and you need to do your filter/map/reduce in you consumers.  I have used rx.js to handle the incoming stream and delegate to the proper eventhandlers.  Feel free to ask me about my implementation if you like.

Morten H Pedersen

Dec 5, 2017, 7:31:55 AM12/5/17
to ddd...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Raif,

I will try that and might ask you if (or maybe rather when)  I run into trouble

best

Morten