A bounded context for each architectual component (mobile app, desktop webapp, cqrs command server, cqrs command query server)

Kees Schouten

Jun 22, 2017, 4:29:58 AM6/22/17
to DDD/CQRS
My colleague and I do not agree what our bounded contexts are. We want to build for example the following applications:

- Purchasing application
- Invoicing application

We want to build a mobile app and a desktop web (SPA) application for each of them. On the server side we want a command server and a query server for each of them.
My colleague says we have the following bounded contexts:

- Command server
- Query server
- Mobile apps
- Desktop (web) apps

He also says that a domain is where the ubiquitous language boundary is and thinks that purchasing and invoicing are both domains.
Can this be a correct interpretation of bounded contexts?

Veranildo Veras

Jun 22, 2017, 9:32:28 AM6/22/17
to DDD/CQRS

I do not know your domain, but in my opinion, you would have two domains, one for purchases and one for billing.
Message has been deleted

giorgi dvalishvili

Jun 22, 2017, 4:20:23 PM6/22/17
to DDD/CQRS
your colleague is wrong. bounded context is about making clear boundaries around some business concern and surround particular model.
in your case you have minimum two bounded context and clients that uses Command and Query server.
For more BoundedContext

Ben Kloosterman

Jul 23, 2017, 9:44:10 PM7/23/17
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
The problem here is viewing BCs as a top level architectural they are not if it doesnt have a business related term its not a BC .. eg we have a Command Service and Query service which host the BC you could run the same BC through different data architectures .. ( We also use the same service in the clients ).

Ben