failed to boot JBoss

Alex El-Ali

Nov 26, 2013, 11:47:36 AM11/26/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I am new to this sort of thing (PACS, JAVA, etc) so it is understandable that I am having trouble with dcm4chee install.

Basically, I am following the install guide (http://www.dcm4che.org/confluence/display/ee2/Installation).

Unfortunately when I try to execute the run.sh script (Step 9) by navigating to the dcm4chee-2.17.1-xxx/bin directory in Terminal and typing in sh run.sh, I get the following error message:

_______________
Failed to boot JBoss:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl
at org.jboss.system.server.ServerLoader.createServer(ServerLoader.java:286)
at org.jboss.system.server.ServerLoader.load(ServerLoader.java:268)
at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:194)
at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:508)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
________________

I assume that my problem is coming from not having copied files from JBoss to dcm4chee (step 3) correctly, but I am not sure what happened exactly or if that is where my error stems from.

I would appreciate help with this if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks!

My system:
MacOS X 10.8
Java 7 Update 45
mySQL
using Terminal to navigate and execute

Marco Apolinario

Nov 28, 2013, 8:21:22 AM11/28/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What is the machine hostname?

If  the  hostname has any special string like "_", the jboss show up this error

Marco

Alex El-Ali

Nov 28, 2013, 8:29:25 AM11/28/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marco,

Great advice! I will check and try again.

Thanks.