Weasis woes

Dr Lawrence Fox

Nov 18, 2013, 12:04:28 PM11/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

I have a new dcm4chee-mysql install, and everything (except Weasis) appears to be working OK.
I have changed the AET in JMX-console and in the weasis-pacs-connector.properties file, but I have done this with other installs and Weasis works on them
I am able to import images and view them with the magnifier icon tool, but when I press the eye icon tool and try to open or save the jnlp file and then attempt to open it, it errors out like this:
Java7 starts to run, as expected.
A box comes up with "Downloading application", as expected.
Then, instead of bringing up weasis I get an Application error: Unable to launch the application. Name: Weasis, Publisher Weasis Team, Location http://localhost:8080
Details: More information: Error: Unexpected exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Launch File (tab):
<jnlp spec="1.6+" codebase="http://localhost:8080/weasis">
  <information>
    <title>Weasis</title>
    <vendor>Weasis Team</vendor>
    <description>DICOM images viewer</description>
    <description kind="short">An application to visualize and analyze
                        DICOM images.
                </description>
    <description kind="one-line">DICOM images viewer</description>
    <description kind="tooltip">Weasis</description>
    <icon href="images/logo-button.png" kind="default"/>
    <icon href="images/about.png" kind="splash"/>
    <shortcut online="false">
      <desktop/>
      <menu submenu="Weasis"/>
    </shortcut>
  </information>
  <security>
    <all-permissions/>
  </security>
  <resources>
    <j2se version="1.6.0_10+" href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" initial-heap-size="128m" max-heap-size="512m"/>
    <j2se version="1.6.0_10+" initial-heap-size="128m" max-heap-size="512m"/>
    <property name="jnlp.packEnabled" value="true"/>
    <jar href="weasis-launcher.jar" main="true"/>
    <jar href="felix.jar"/>
    <extension href="substance.jnlp"/>
  </resources>
  <application-desc main-class="org.weasis.launcher.WebstartLauncher">
    <argument>-VMPfelix.config.properties="http://localhost:8080/weasis/conf/config.properties"
                </argument>
    <argument>-VMPfelix.extended.config.properties="http://localhost:8080/weasis/conf/ext-config.properties"
                </argument>
    <argument>-VMPweasis.codebase.url="http://localhost:8080/weasis"</argument>
    <argument>-VMPgosh.args="-sc telnetd -p 17179 start"</argument>
    <argument>-VMPapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar="true"</argument>
    <argument>-VMPweasis.i18n="http://localhost:8080/weasis-i18n"</argument>
    <argument>$dicom:get -i 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</argument>
  </application-desc>
</jnlp>

Exception (tab)
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Properties.setProperty(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.setProperty(Unknown Source)
    at org.weasis.launcher.WeasisLauncher.loadProperties(WeasisLauncher.java)
    at org.weasis.launcher.WeasisLauncher.launch(WeasisLauncher.java)
    at org.weasis.launcher.WebstartLauncher.main(WebstartLauncher.java)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am running the latest Firefox and the latest 32-bit JDK on a 64-bit Windows 2008 Server, just as I am on my other 2 successful instances.
Can you offer me any help? Is there other information/files you need me to post?

Thanks, Larry

Rob McLear

Nov 18, 2013, 12:16:21 PM11/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I am having identical problems; weasis is installed in a Ubuntu linux VM, I'm accessing studies on a Mac running OSX 10.9, Java is up to date on the Mac. Everything appears to work fine and the Weasis app is downloaded, but I get the same error message and it will not run.

nicolas...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2013, 2:47:30 PM11/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
The two first arguments (tag) contain a return character at the end of the line. This character is passed in the main arguments. It must be removed.

I guess it is because you have edit the jnlp template.

Rob McLear

Nov 18, 2013, 3:02:40 PM11/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, nicolas...@gmail.com
You are correct! I copied and pasted the text from the template file, and did not notice the return character. It works for me know.

-Rob

Dr Lawrence M Fox

Nov 18, 2013, 3:52:26 PM11/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Dr Roduit, you are a genius! Editing the template solved the problem. Thanks very much!
Just a quick follow-up: is there a way to speed up the process of "downloading" the weasis application? Is it really being downloaded? If so, can it be stored locally and pointed to?
Larry

Lawrence M Fox, DVM DABVP
Certified in Canine & Feline Practice
River Grove (Chicago), IL USA

nicolas...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2013, 4:15:13 PM11/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
This is already the case, the application is stored locally and updated when the plugin versions change. You should notice a difference at the fist run and then after.

julian murcia

Sep 4, 2015, 12:36:35 AM9/4/15
to dcm4che
Hi good Morning.

I have the same problem, They could help me solve.

thank you so much!!

Nicolas Roduit

Sep 4, 2015, 2:27:35 AM9/4/15
to dcm4che
If it is the same problem, you should have the response above. Otherwise, please open a new topic and describe your problem and the context (which versions of weasis-pacs-connector, which system...).