DCM4CHEE -2.18.0 with JDK 7 or JDK 8

Dhaval Joshi

May 27, 2014, 8:48:49 PM5/27/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I configured dcm4chee-2.18.0 / Postgres 9.3 (Linux CentOS) using JDK 7 and JDK 8. when I load dcm4chee audit record repository, I see the errors as below. I do not see these errors when I configure JDK 6 with DCM4CHEE.

I want to know what are the draw backs of using JDK 7 and JDK 8 ?

2014-05-27 16:53:32,318 ERROR -> (http-8443-3) [STDERR] Warning:  org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser: Property 'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/properties/entityExpansionLimit' is not recognized.
2014-05-27 16:53:32,471 ERROR -> (http-8443-3) [STDERR] Compiler warnings:
2014-05-27 16:53:32,471 ERROR -> (http-8443-3) [STDERR]   WARNING:  'org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl: Property 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not recognized.'
2014-05-27 16:53:32,481 ERROR -> (http-8443-3) [STDERR] Warning:  org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Feature 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/feature/secure-processing' is not recognized.
2014-05-27 16:53:32,481 ERROR -> (http-8443-3) [STDERR] Warning:  org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Property 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not recognized.
2014-05-27 16:53:32,481 ERROR -> (http-8443-3) [STDERR] Warning:  org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Property 'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/propertie

ime

Mar 30, 2015, 11:04:02 AM3/30/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
i also have the same problem with dcm4chee 2.18.1 on windows 7 64bit enterprise using java jdk 7

郑松岚

Apr 9, 2015, 3:50:11 AM4/9/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I suggest you build on Linux, Windows problems very much.

Stephane Siewe

May 5, 2015, 5:23:05 AM5/5/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i'm newly with dcm4chee, but if i realy understand dcm4chee depend on dcm4che14, and this only work with JDK5 or JDK6

Rady

May 6, 2015, 2:49:07 AM5/6/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

I have written an small blog on how to migrate from a old dcm4chee to new dcm4chee, in this there is a topic of installing a new dcm4chee. This topic have the list of components that need to be installed with version nos. Check the link if you are interested.   For quick access to the content, read below...

1. Install DCM4Chee on the New Server.

For a novice to implement DCM4Chee PACS is quite a task, we had failed few times before we can succeed.  We followed the steps explained in this link .

Some Tips.

  1. These are the components we used for this setup. (Download link)
    • jtds-1.3.1-dist
    • JDK 32 bit (jdk-7u25-windows-i586 ) as we are using J2k compression.
    • JBoss-4.2.3.GA
    • Jtds-1.3.1-dist
    • dcm4chee-2.17.1-mysql
    • dcm4chee-arr-3.0.11-mysql
  2. If you are installing on a Windows 64 bit and would like to compress the archive, then install 32bit JDK.
  3. Make the necessary changes suggested in section (8. Mac OSX and Windows x64 specific changes for the WADO service), in the Installation manual.

After some basic test as suggested in section (16. Test DICOM storage & 17. Test object retrieval) sections of installation link.  Now the system is ready for Data Migration.

- Rady

Dhaval Joshi

Feb 18, 2016, 7:18:27 PM2/18/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am getting these error below, I am using CentOS 7 64bit, JDK 8 and Jboss 4.2.3  also I am attaching the logs please let know how can I fix

1] javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory]
    at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:674)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:313)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:244)

2] 2016-02-18 17:35:06,502 ERROR -> (Thread-17) [org.dcm4chex.archive.dcm.storescp.StoreScpService] Check for Pending Series Stored failed:
org.dcm4chex.archive.util.HomeFactoryException: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jnp.interfaces.MarshalledValuePair (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)]
    at org.dcm4chex.archive.util.EJBHomeFactory.lookup(EJBHomeFact

server.log