Best of both the worlds - interactivity of dc.js with simplicity of c3.js

xameeramir

Aug 2, 2016, 9:27:19 AM8/2/16
to dc-js user group
c3.js code is simple (compared to d3.js) - pass your parameters and the chart is rendered.
dc.js is best for making interactive charts.

Does anyone know existence of some example code for some chart built using c3.js with interactivity using dc.js?

Gordon Woodhull

Sep 6, 2016, 11:11:40 AM9/6/16
to dc.js user group
I guess your question got deleted on SO because folks think you're asking for library comparisons/recommendations. So I'll comment here as well.

Personally I think dc.js is pretty simple to use - except for some quirks in the dc.js interface, most of the complication is with crossfilter, and using c3.js won't help with that. There's no question that both dc and c3 are simpler than working directly with d3.

But ignoring library comparisons, sure, it should be pretty easy to connect c3.js charts with dc.js.

This Q&A lays out the basic connections which need to be made:

That's really the best documentation at the moment. Please post an example if you come up with one! Maybe a little glue library could be created as well.