dc.js not rendering (solved, transition issues)

RYeah Sh

Apr 14, 2015, 8:14:29 AM4/14/15
to dc-js-us...@googlegroups.com
Hi, All

i had an issue with dc.js charts not rendering if its the Axis or the whole chart itself.
setting "dc.disableTransitions=true" fixed it and show the charts. that had me thinking there is a transition issues not working.

i researched the code and saw dc.js uses d3.js transition().duration() functions so i started digging on d3.js transition issues and conflicts.

i found this thread - https://github.com/angularjs-nvd3-directives/angularjs-nvd3-directives/issues/73 - leading to this thread - https://github.com/mbostock/d3/issues/1302
which basicly what happend one of our system js core files was overriding Date.now() function (jQuery Date Picker). removing/changing the code fixed it.

thanks for your help all hope this will be beneficial for someone (i spend 2 days trying to resolve this!).