dc.js is not compatible with latest d3.js(v4.1.1).

Niteen Munjani

Jul 20, 2016, 9:11:57 AM7/20/16
to dc-js user group
Hello

Can someone please provide me dc.js compatible with latest version of d3.js(v4.1.1).

I am using dc charts in salesforce lightning but salesforce has recently updated locker service for security reason and due to that only latest version of d3.js(v4.1.1)  is working for me. But my dc chart got stopped working as it is referring older d3.js.

Regards
Nitin Munjani

Gordon Woodhull

Jul 20, 2016, 9:24:14 AM7/20/16
to dc.js user group
Hi Nitin,

Sorry to hear that you have that requirement. We have not yet updated dc.js to d3 4.0, and it's actually a pretty serious effort.

IMO that's a pretty stringent requirement and I don't know of any charting libraries that have updated yet. Hopefully you can find a way to stick with d3 v3  for a little longer.

Perhaps you can describe the problems with using v3 with this locker service, as I've never heard of it. Does it have to do with module loading?

Cheers,
Gordon