Composite chart - events in sub charts

Sofia Rodrigues

Dec 12, 2016, 12:54:40 PM12/12/16
to dc-js user group
Hello again,

Simple question this time, is it possible to have .on events for the sub charts of a composite chart?

I had to change the chart back to composite (related to my previous questions) since some of the data has 8 line charts for example, but when I tried to test the renderlet event, nothing happened.

Are the events only for the composite chart and not its sub charts?

Thanks!

Sofia Rodrigues

Jan 19, 2017, 1:13:09 PM1/19/17
to dc-js user group
I did end up just using composite's events and accessing its children.

Gordon Woodhull

Jan 19, 2017, 3:04:03 PM1/19/17
to dc.js user group
Thanks Sofia. I've added an issue for this.

It looks like pretransition and renderlet events should work fine, though, and those are often more useful than preRender and preRedraw

Gordon Woodhull

Jan 19, 2017, 3:10:53 PM1/19/17
to dc.js user group
Er, sorry - postRender and postRedraw. preRender and preRedraw work fine, but the composite chart is not passing down enough information for postRender and postRedraw to fire.

Sofia Rodrigues

Gordon Woodhull

Jan 20, 2017, 9:19:55 AM1/20/17
to dc.js user group
I see - you're right, that fails too, for different reasons. I've added it to the issue.
pretransition is usually better (unless you need access to the post-transition coordinates) and that one works.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dc-js-user-group/CAFdD%2BzAbgW_sQuFXfOtGVoezmvemL-zjdjaXEjMFE1cyGBrmjQ%40mail.gmail.com.