InnoMAYtion hackathon on Saturday

Sandra P. Moscoso

May 12, 2016, 7:40:42 PM5/12/16

Saturday DMPED and OCTO will be hosting their second annual innoMAYtion hackathon, focused on our Great Streets Initiative.  We will bring together developers and designers, artists and activists, transit and urban planning professionals, representatives of local businesses and ANCs, and anyone who cares about improving DC’s local businesses and retail corridors. They are planning for four tracks, each of which aims to improve the information available for businesses, residents, and DC government in order to foster small business growth:

1.       Great Streets and market data visualization and dashboarding (including an optional lesson in the D3 visualization javascript library)

2.       Pedestrian counting hardware and software deployment

3.       Corridor assessment tool and technology

4.       Anything else participants are interested exploring

Here are the event details:

Saturday, May 14

9:30am – 4:30pm (program starts around 10, group projects finish up around 3)

iStrategy Labs641 S St NW, DC

Food and beverages will be provided

RSVP here: https://nvite.com/innoMAYtion/c294

The goal is to have participants reflect the spirit of inclusive innovation – bringing together government and private citizens to find new ways to solve old problems.