Code for DC: New Education Project Tool

Chris Given

Feb 5, 2015, 9:44:01 AM2/5/15
to Code For Dc, code-for-dc-edu
Hi all -

We've just launched with our partners at the DC Fiscal Policy Institute a tool looking at the topic of at-risk funding.

At-risk funds were added as part of a revision to the school funding formula last year and are intended to support students considered "at-risk" of academic failure. DCPS argued that it did not have sufficient time to send the funds directly to those students' schools, as required by the law, and instead put the funds toward existing priorities like middle school improvement. As a result, however, some schools received very different amounts of money than the formula would have provided on the basis of their population.

Check out how much your school(s) received last year and what programs the money supported, share with others, and please send comments or feedback my way.

Chris