Head of Engineering + Sr. Engineer Jobs, Commerce Data Service

Jeff Chen

Sep 30, 2016, 5:54:28 PM9/30/16
to Code for DC

At the US Department of Commerce (DOC), we collect a good chunk of the federal government's data that informs business and social decisions, whether it's demographic + economic survey data from the Census, weather and environmental data at NOAA, intellectual property data at the Patent Office or even material measures from NIST. Last year, the Department established the Commerce Data Service (https://commerce.gov/dataservice), a team that works with the 12 bureaus at DOC using the awesomeness of data science and engineering. Moving into year two of operations, we're taking on larger, bolder challenges.

Looking for a national-level challenge in data and tech? Looking to do a Tour of Duty to help your nation? Well, at the Data Service, we're looking for a Head of Software Engineering (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/450193900) and Senior Software Engineers (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/450194000). More gigs will open up soon.

Got questions?  Shoot them over to Jeff Chen, Chief Data Scientist (jch...@doc.gov).