DC's "Point in Time" Homeless Census

kelli shewmaker

Dec 16, 2015, 9:05:21 PM12/16/15
to dc-cfa-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that we can get a good size group of people from Code for DC to volunteer for this! I did it for the first time last year, and I'm planning to do it again this year. I think this could be a good experience in a lot of ways. Obviously it's a good way to see and interact with people experiencing homelessness, and I also think it could be a great way to meet people with the organizations that are serving people in need in DC. Mainly, it's just a good thing to do, but it could also be beneficial in terms of becoming more informed and in building relationships with local organizations related to CfDC projects.

Info and registration for participating in the 2016 homeless census has been posted:

I copied and pasted some info below. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks,
Kelli

The 2016 District of Columbia Homeless Census

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016, the District of Columbia will be conducting its annual census of persons experiencing homelessness. Information gathered helps improve the targeting and delivery of services to this vulnerable population. Please consider volunteering a few short hours of your time to help make this important project a success.

Dates, times, and locations of the trainings:
(going to one is mandatory to participate)

Inline image 1