gnoviCon! @ Georgetown University; Friday, February 20 from 12 p.m. to 5:30 p.m

Justin Grimes

Feb 17, 2015, 9:00:00 PM2/17/15
to dc-cfa-...@googlegroups.com
Passing along this event....

gnoviCon '
1
5: Unlocking Open Data is THIS FRIDAY

We enthusiastically invite you to join gnovis
Georgetown University's student run, peer reviewed journal of Communication, Culture & Technology for our annual spring conference exploring the challenges and opportunities of open data and how we use it.

Make sure to RSVP on Eventbrite, space is limited. Plus the first 50 RSVPs will receive two complimentary drinks at the Bulldog Tavern in the Healey Family Student Center!

Event Details: For more info, visit gnovisjournal.org/gnovicon
  • Where: Healey Family Student Center Large Social Room (Map)
  • When: Friday, February 20 from 12 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Speakers:
  • Keynote Address: Georgetown University Provost Robert Groves
  • Panel: A Critical Look at Data Use
    • Moderator: Dr. Mark MacCarthy, Adjunct Professor in Communication, Culture & Technology at Georgetown University
    • Panelists:
      • Dr. Lisa Singh, Associate Professor in Computer Science at Georgetown University
      • Dr. Matt Hindman, Associate Professor in the School of Media and Public Affairs at George Washington University.
      • Mary Madden, Senior Researcher at the Pew Research Center
      • Jacob Fenton, Editorial Engineer at the Sunlight Foundation
Schedule: