Form 990 "Vali-Datathon"

Olivia Idris

Oct 10, 2017, 10:56:40 AM10/10/17
to Code for DC

cid:image001.png@01D33CEE.6AA0EA50

Please join us for a

Form 990 “VALI-DATATHON”

A collaborative effort to clean and share data from Form 990 e-files posted on Amazon Web Services by the IRS

November 1-2, 2017

Hosted by the Aspen Institute

1 Dupont Circle NW, Washington, DC 20036

REGISTER HERE

Join the Aspen Institute, Charity Navigator, GuideStar, the Urban Institute, and other nonprofit researchers and data scientists for a 1.5-day odyssey into the depths of 990 data.

At the first Datathon earlier this year, we mapped data from the recently-released e-filed Form 990s to unique, descriptive xpaths, producing billions of lines of data. Now, we need your help to test and validate our work.  Together, we will translate the Form 990 data into more accessible spreadsheets that will be posted as open data.

The Vali-Datathon will begin with breakfast on November 1st and end with lunch on November 2nd. If you would like to participate in the Datathon remotely rather than joining us in Washington, DC, please let us know via your registration and we will contact you for details.

Please note, individuals with all levels of coding/data experience are welcome to participate. We will be using RStudio at the Vali-Datathon and leaders will guide participants on its use, but there will be opportunities to participate whether or not you have experience coding.

Please contact Rachel Pulley at rachel...@aspeninstitute.org with any questions or for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!

Auto Generated Inline Image 1