Fwd: !! QUEERASSIC PARK: everything you need to know !!

Sandra P. Moscoso

Jun 9, 2015, 11:27:21 PM6/9/15
to Code For Dc
Last call to walk with DCDino and Queerassic Park in the Capital Pride Parade this Saturday!

Details below...

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Laurenellen McCann <l.ell....@gmail.com>
Date: June 9, 2015 at 4:59:26 PM EDT
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: !! QUEERASSIC PARK: everything you need to know !!

Hi team!! Thanks so much for your excitement and interest and ferociousness. Without you, QUEERASSIC PARK would just be a glimmer in the #DCDino's plastic eye. Thanks for helping to make this dino's dream real!

Here's a round-up of important details for the QP madness. Read carefully (!) and feel free to forward to other friends you want to get in on the action.

FRIDAY: FLOAT AND COSTUME RALLY!
Location TBD, we will be decorating the float and readying last minute costumes. If you're not already equipped with a costume, bring an old t-shirt and we'll have some sweet stencils for you to spraypaint. Decoratathon will run from about 5:30 to 8PM. Update soon.

Want to up your costume game? We made a list of cheap Queerassic Park costume ideas on Amazon. Check it out here: http://amzn.com/w/2Y7B847Y5YEBY

SATURDAY: SHOW TIME!!!!!
LOCATION: Enter the parade staging area at Q St and 22nd. Text me at 2037882546 if you have trouble finding the truck with the giant cardboard velociraptor in the back. :D

TIME: Please arrive between 4 and 4:30PM (and no later than 4:40). If you'd like to come earlier, you're welcome to join the dino handler team any time after 3:30, but no pressure.

We expect our part of the parade to wrap by 6PM, but are at the whim of the Spirit of Pride, so plan for a little flexibility. Afterwards, we're going to drop off the float and then, perhaps, dino rave happy hour?

OTHER BITS: We are all ages and species friendly, so feel free to bring leashed pets, children, friends, lovers, or strangers. Also, we'd prefer you march in costume or with some dino paraphernalia, but as long as you come prepared with your dino-enthusiasm on your sleeve, we won't turn you away.

Questions? Concerns? Dino love? Reply and send my way.

Thanks once again, dear comrades. This is going to be an absolute blast and I'm thrilled to work with y'all to make it happen. :D

Love and twinkly dino feet,
Laurenellen

--

"If I can't dance, it's not my revolution."