DBFIT Sybase integration

Manish Singh

May 24, 2014, 2:27:29 AM5/24/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Hello There,

I am trying to use DBfit with Sybase but no success yet . I've tried both .Net and and Java versions.

Issue with .Net (on Windows):--  Getting error that "Sybase.AdoNet2.AseClient.dll" failed to load

Issue with Java (on Unix Server):- Getting error " Couldnot find SybaseTest fixture "

I did quite a lot search on net and didn't find any solution , what I understand is DBfit has stopped support for .Net and on Java side ther is No Sybase implementation yet. Can someone advise how I can overcome these issues , I  have some knowledge of .Net as well as Java and am open to code if it required some build work but need guidance on what need to be done.

Regards,

Manish

Jake Benilov

May 24, 2014, 5:33:31 AM5/24/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manish,

DbFit development has been continued exclusively with Java, so if you wanted to contribute, Java would be the way to go.

There's already been an attempt at a Sybase IQ driver by a community member, but I guess he didn't have enough time to finish it so it was abandoned:

Jake Benilov

May 24, 2014, 5:35:38 AM5/24/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
oops, sent too soon.

Hi Manish,

DbFit development has been continued exclusively with Java, so if you wanted to contribute, Java would be the way to go.

There's already been an attempt at a Sybase IQ driver by a community member, but I guess he didn't have enough time to finish it so it was abandoned:

We have some high-level instructions about how to implement a new database driver, but the surest way to understand is to look at the implementations of the existing drivers (eg the Oracle or MySQL drivers) and their tests.

Regards,
Jake

Manish Singh

May 25, 2014, 8:01:36 AM5/25/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jake let me try my hands on it.

Regards,
Manish

Manish Singh

Jun 6, 2014, 10:26:52 AM6/6/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jake

Further to our last communication , I did some coding but stuck need your help

FYI I am using CORE package jar, have created a new eclipse project Sybase

This project has class SybaseEnvironment as given below .

@DatabaseEnvironment(name="Sybase", driver="com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver")
public class SybaseEnvironment extends AbstractDbEnvironment implements DBEnvironment

I have other classess as well which I have written based on Sqlserver package

Project gets compiled but when I run a Simple Fitnesse test having code as

!path lib/*.jar
!|dbfit.SybaseTest|
It gives below ERROR , Can you advise where I am going wrong ? FYI in lib folder I have Sybase JDBC driver as well.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: DB Environment not supported:Sybase
	at dbfit.api.DbEnvironmentFactory.createEnvironmentInstance(DbEnvironmentFactory.java:99)
	at dbfit.api.DbEnvironmentFactory.newEnvironmentInstance(DbEnvironmentFactory.java:106)
	at dbfit.SybaseTest.(SybaseTest.java:5)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at fit.FixtureClass.newInstance(FixtureClass.java:24)
	at fit.FixtureLoader.instantiateFixture(FixtureLoader.java:62)
	at fit.FixtureLoader.instantiateFirstValidFixtureClass(FixtureLoader.java:84)
	at fit.FixtureLoader.disgraceThenLoad(FixtureLoader.java:44)
	at fit.Fixture.loadFixture(Fixture.java:141)
	at fit.Fixture.getLinkedFixtureWithArgs(Fixture.java:133)
	at fit.Fixture.doTables(Fixture.java:78)
	at fit.FitServer.process(FitServer.java:81)
	at fit.FitServer.run(FitServer.java:56)
	at fit.FitServer.main(FitServer.java:41)

Yavor Nikolov

Jun 6, 2014, 10:35:56 AM6/6/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manish,

Would be easier to discuss that if you publish your code to Github and open a pull request. Otherwise it's hard to guess what went wrong.
(At first glimpse I suspect that maybe your SybaseEnvironment implementation is not in the lib folder).

Yavor