Java Null Pointer

jagad...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2014, 4:27:27 PM4/10/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to compare a NULL value retrieved from a variable to NULL value in a table and I am getting NULL pointer exception.

Sample Code:

#Assigning
!| query | select NULL NullVal from dual |
| NullVal? |
| >>NullVal |

#Comparing
!| query | select NULL TestVal2 from dual |
| TestVal2? |
| <<NullVal |

It throws the below error. Is this expected behavior?
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at dbfit.util.ParseHelper.parseSymbol(ParseHelper.java:34)
	at dbfit.util.ParseHelper.parse(ParseHelper.java:46)
	at dbfit.fixture.RowSetFixture$CurrentDataRowTypeAdapter.parse(RowSetFixture.java:46)
	at dbfit.util.SymbolAccessQueryBinding.doCell(SymbolAccessQueryBinding.java:20)
	at fit.ColumnFixture.doCell(ColumnFixture.java:37)
	at fit.Fixture.doCells(Fixture.java:172)
	at fit.Fixture.doRow(Fixture.java:166)
	at fit.ColumnFixture.doRow(ColumnFixture.java:25)
	at dbfit.fixture.RowSetFixture.doRow(RowSetFixture.java:104)
	at fit.Fixture.doRows(Fixture.java:160)
	at fit.ColumnFixture.doRows(ColumnFixture.java:18)
	at dbfit.fixture.RowSetFixture.doRows(RowSetFixture.java:88)
	at fit.Fixture.doTable(Fixture.java:154)
	at fitlibrary.traverse.AlienTraverseHandler.doTable(AlienTraverseHandler.java:18)
	at fitlibrary.traverse.workflow.DoTraverseInterpreter.interpretWholeTable(DoTraverseInterpreter.java:99)
	at fitlibrary.traverse.workflow.DoTraverseInterpreter.interpretWholeTable(DoTraverseInterpreter.java:87)
	at fitlibrary.DoFixture.interpretWholeTable(DoFixture.java:69)
	at fitlibrary.suite.InFlowPageRunner.run(InFlowPageRunner.java:34)
	at fitlibrary.DoFixture.interpretTables(DoFixture.java:42)
	at dbfit.DatabaseTest.interpretTables(DatabaseTest.java:26)
	at fit.Fixture.doTables(Fixture.java:80)
	at fit.FitServer.process(FitServer.java:81)
	at fit.FitServer.run(FitServer.java:56)
	at fit.FitServer.main(FitServer.java:41)

Thanks

Yavor Nikolov

Apr 10, 2014, 4:58:35 PM4/10/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for reporting that!
I think your use case is valid and it shouldn't fail in this way. https://github.com/dbfit/dbfit/issues/272

Regards,
Yavor

jagad...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2014, 6:31:09 PM4/10/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Yavor for the quick reply.

I am happy that I was able to contribute.

jagad...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2014, 4:27:33 PM4/11/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yavor,

I was wondering If I can help fix this issue.

Thanks

Yavor Nikolov

Apr 11, 2014, 4:44:43 PM4/11/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
You'll be very welcome :-)

If you want to contribute a fix: you can open a Github Pull Request. And then we review, discuss and merge.
You can find a reference to contribution readme with details for setting up a development&test environment: https://github.com/dbfit/dbfit

If you have any troubles - don't hesitate to ask for help.

Regards,
Yavor

Yavor Nikolov

Apr 16, 2014, 5:59:57 PM4/16/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
We just fixed that with https://github.com/dbfit/dbfit/pull/278. So there will be no such issue with next DbFit release.

Regards,
Yavor

jagad...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2014, 11:46:42 AM4/23/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Yavor.

Just curious. when do you plan to have the new release?

Thanks
Jagad

Jake Benilov

Apr 23, 2014, 12:08:21 PM4/23/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jagad,

A release is imminent - in the meantime, you can get the latest release candidate here:

Regards,
Jake

jagad...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2014, 2:16:46 PM4/24/14