java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException on Oracle Schema Comparison

rtdewi0

Nov 18, 2015, 10:06:24 AM11/18/15
to DB Solo
I am receiving the following exception when performing a schema comparison from one Oracle database to another:

[2015-11-18 09:55:47.743] SEVERE: MainApp: Error performing comparison: {0}
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 0
        at java.lang.String.charAt(Unknown Source)
        at com.dbsolo.a.VA.F(Unknown Source)
        at com.dbsolo.L.A.S.A(Unknown Source)
        at com.dbsolo.L.A.S.A(Unknown Source)
        at com.dbsolo.P.C.C.A(Unknown Source)
        at com.dbsolo.P.E.A.D(Unknown Source)
        at com.dbsolo.ui.MainApp.main(Unknown Source)
        at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
        at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)

This occurs when using the Linux command line version.  Here is the command that I'm issuing:

"/home/oracle/dbsolo5/commandLine" -compare "/u01/app/DBSoloCompares/Schemas/oracle/CompareProjects/SURVEY_prod01primary_to_prod01reporting.xml"

The problem happens when a trigger on the target database is out of sync (the trigger text varies slightly) and the trigger is disabled.

I have attached the XML file that I'm using for the comparison.

Thanks,
Bobby
SURVEY_prod01primary_to_prod01reporting.xml

DB Solo Admin

Nov 18, 2015, 4:37:40 PM11/18/15
to DB Solo
Can you download and install the latest from dbsolo.com/preview, then reproduce the issue and send the stack trace again. It should contain more debugging info.

marko