Cannot open file bin.pbo

YrX

Sep 6, 2012, 9:34:36 PM9/6/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
I was having a problem updating ArmA 2 to play DayZ but I finally fixed that.. Now when I attempt to join a server I get a error that says

Cannot open file "C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\ArmA 2\\dta\bin.pbo"

If you could help me that would be so awesome!

I've been trying to play this game for several weeks now and just found this group so I figured I would join and post in hopes of a simple fix, Thanks again in advanced

-YrX

dotjosh

Sep 6, 2012, 9:36:39 PM9/6/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
Are you using dayz commander?  If so, try installing the latest versions of arma2 beta and dayz through the install/update panel inside of it.  Then try again.

YrX

Sep 6, 2012, 9:42:26 PM9/6/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
Still getting the same error :(

I've updated everything and refreshed the versions and the server list and when I double click the server to join I continue getting the bin.pbo file error

dotjosh

Sep 6, 2012, 9:44:43 PM9/6/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
Actually it looks like that's one of the files in the original game..so I would recommend re installing, redownloading, or getting a replacement dvd (depending on how you bought the game)

YrX

Sep 6, 2012, 9:48:45 PM9/6/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
The pbo file is in the folder... I don't understand why this error is happening ughhh I just want to play the game

dotjosh

Sep 6, 2012, 9:49:48 PM9/6/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
How did you buy the game?

YrX

Sep 6, 2012, 9:51:54 PM9/6/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
ArmA 2 Free copy on the website

dotjosh

Sep 6, 2012, 9:56:24 PM9/6/12
to dayzco...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure you still need to buy arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, even if you are using Arma2 Free.  I would just suggest buying combined operations to just get it all in one go -  http://tinyurl.com/9q5wa7x