Supra Hardware

Dan Meyer

May 3, 2013, 11:08:40 PM5/3/13
to Dayton
Can anyone tell me where I can find the nut that holds the elevator on a Supra?
Its a odd ball nut that I will never find at the local hardware store.

Dan

Ed Franz

May 4, 2013, 6:55:31 AM5/4/13
to dayton...@googlegroups.com, Dayton
From Barry is about the only place to find one. I worry about losing the one for mine as well. So, if you find some I will buy a couple to.

Ed

Sent from my iPad

Skye Malcolm

May 4, 2013, 8:20:33 AM5/4/13
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

The British Supra distributor is Neil at www.hyperflight.co.uk

I ordered a spinner from him and it was delivered within a week for about a $7 shipping fee.

If you order from him I would also buy one of those screws from you if you order extra.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned by Proofpoint PPS and F-Secure for the presence of computer viruses.

Ed Franz

May 4, 2013, 8:35:04 AM5/4/13
to dayton...@googlegroups.com, dayton...@googlegroups.com
I seem to remember that someone posted that they are used on bicycle spokes to hold them to the rim. I don't know if that is true or not.

Sent from my iPad

Dan Meyer

May 4, 2013, 12:08:42 PM5/4/13
to Dayton
Thank you guys...I will work on this and keep you updated!!

Dan

If anyone can think of a alternative let me know.

CC: dayton...@googlegroups.com
From: ejf...@insightbb.com
Subject: Re: [DARTS-List] Supra Hardware
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 08:35:04 -0400
To: dayton...@googlegroups.com

Dan Meyer

May 5, 2013, 12:33:19 AM5/5/13
to Dayton
I found the nut in some blaster hardware.....was to small for the threads.
I then found two nuts for a AVA....the shaft on the nut is too long...so Blaster
or AVA nuts do not work.EmojiEmoji

Dan

From: kaw1...@hotmail.com
To: dayton...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 16:08:42 +0000

Skye

May 5, 2013, 6:55:28 AM5/5/13
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I think Ed is right about the nut being bicycle related.  It sure looks very similar to these pictures of "spoke nipples":

or

I think a trip to one of the more militant bike stores in town might be fruitful.  I'm thinking Baer Wheels, since the supra nut isn't in the latest pictures on-line so maybe this is an older style nut and Baer Wheels has a lot of weird odds and ends for bike repair.

Ed Franz

May 5, 2013, 9:17:32 AM5/5/13
to dayton...@googlegroups.com, dayton...@googlegroups.com
Sure looks like the same type of nut. Might have to take he mount with you to the bike store to see if the threads match. Are the nuts on the Ava and Supra he same except for length?

Ed

Sent from my iPad