Free classroom computer desks. Short notice. short availability.

Eoin Ross

May 12, 2015, 9:41:02 PM5/12/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
30 flat top desk from a school computer lab. school is willing to donate them to a non profit organisation but they must be picked up by 10 am on May 13. contact Sonya at 937-264-7700.
Sorry for short notice but posted as soon I knew.

J.J.

May 13, 2015, 9:20:06 AM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Eoin, I'm afraid the notice was too short, for me anyway.  Did Sonya say what was to become of the unclaimed desks past 10:00 am?

Eoin Ross

May 13, 2015, 9:35:17 AM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Going to the dump unfortunately.

Goodwill didn't take/want them.

On 2015-05-13 9:20 AM, J.J. wrote:
Eoin, I'm afraid the notice was too short, for me anyway.  Did Sonya say what was to become of the unclaimed desks past 10:00 am?

Eoin Ross

May 13, 2015, 2:15:34 PM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
They are still there - they want them gone tomorrow I believe. They'd love to give them to a non-profit.

If anyone could get a number of them today/this evening?

My pickup is broken down so I can't tow the gooseneck there are get 40 of them.

Bueller, Bueller, Anyone? :]

Rick B

May 13, 2015, 2:18:38 PM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

I could grab some around 6pm tonight. Are they outside? Can I just take them or do I have to coordinate with Sonya?

Rick

Jay J. Krull

May 13, 2015, 2:22:04 PM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

What kind of desk?  Are we talking a 30" x 60" surface area desk?  Are they like the smaller table where we had the 3D printer?

Is there anyone who can run up there and take a look at what's available?

Eoin Ross

May 13, 2015, 2:24:03 PM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
There are seventy five of the computer desks.

How many might Dayton Diode want? I could borrow a 10x6ft trailer tonight and get some for the Diode but i have no way into the building.

Joseph Mckibben

May 13, 2015, 2:25:58 PM5/13/15
to Dayton Diode

I will be there tonight at Diode. But I'm not sure we need a bunch of desks until we know more about them

Eoin Ross

May 13, 2015, 2:27:00 PM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Talk with Sonya, that way there won't be any trouble - she can let whoever is there know.

They are outside by a dumpster
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Dayton Diode" group.

Rick B

May 13, 2015, 2:29:45 PM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

Address of the school? Maybe we can get a picture of a desk.

Eoin Ross

May 13, 2015, 2:32:11 PM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Just asked Sonya for one. It's ITT near Miller Lane

Eoin Ross

May 13, 2015, 2:39:46 PM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Here we go - maybe just get more than needed?

Some might the turned into bookshelves?
Unneeded ones given away?
20150513_143404.jpg

Rick B

May 13, 2015, 2:49:06 PM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

Those look pretty useful. They be great for the classroom and the electronics area.

Joseph Mckibben

May 13, 2015, 2:53:40 PM5/13/15
to Dayton Diode

Yeah they look like pretty good desks for electronic work and stuff. If someone has the time and desire to pick some up I wouldn't mind getting some for Diode. I don't get off till 5 and don't have a vehicle to pick any up but if anyone needs help loading I can meet them there after 5 or I will be at Diode after 5 to help Unload.

Rick B

May 13, 2015, 2:56:46 PM5/13/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

I'll throw some in my van a drop them off at the diode around 7pm. I should be able to fit quite a few in one trip. I would guess 5-10.

J.J.

May 14, 2015, 2:06:08 PM5/14/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
The desks look like a great acquisition.  Thanks to Eoin, Rick & company for snagging a few or us!