I need someone to run a concrete saw for me...

Claire Rutiser

Mar 27, 2015, 7:09:39 PM3/27/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I am looking to put a bathroom in the basement. We need to break open the slab to tie in a toilet and shower drain to the main waste stack. Total cut is less than 6' by about 4" wide, plus some cutting around the waste stack.

I have a budget to pay someone to do this, or I could buy the concrete saw, someone could saw this for me, then take the saw home.

If anyone knows an affordably priced concrete cutting company or minor framing plus drywall installation company, I would appreciate the tip. We have gotten one quote on the job so far and it was... surprising!

thanks :-)
email me: crut...@GMAIL.COM

Eoin Ross

Mar 28, 2015, 11:41:02 AM3/28/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Concrete saw and jack hammer can be rented for not a whole lot. The water for the blade on the concrete saw is going to be the messiest thing - it'll get slung everywhere. The hardest part is running the hammer and getting the debris out of the basement.

I demolished steps outside and made new ones - demolition and clean up is the worst.

Claire Rutiser

Mar 28, 2015, 11:43:33 AM3/28/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

Thank you! I very seriously considered rental. I might have rented one yesterday if the Lowes I went to had a rental. But I have mild carpal tunnel, so it would really not be a good idea for me to do it. :-(