[DIODE] Front Street Space Available

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 5:20:31 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode
20140529_171828.jpg

J. Simmons

May 29, 2014, 5:22:33 PM5/29/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
So, I can't make out the details. Can you post them?

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 5:24:37 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode

2nd floor. 1720 Sq ft.  Concrete floors. Freight elevator.

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 5:25:07 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode

$750 a month

J. Simmons

May 29, 2014, 5:25:54 PM5/29/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Wonder if there is water and if they would negotiate on the price.

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 5:27:25 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode

Trying to get a look at the space now

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 5:35:49 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode

Ok got some pics. No sink in space. But a small one in bathroom across hall. Will have pics online soon

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 5:44:24 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode
Large space, high ceilings. One big rectangular room with a smaller square space attached. This looks promising to me. Personally don't think the sink is a deal breaker. They might be able to add one. She wasn't sure. Also, firm on the 750.

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 5:46:21 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode
If we think this looks promising we would have to probably move fast on it as usual. Oh and if Rockett is reading this she says we owe them this months rent lol.

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 6:26:40 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode
Panoramas of large and small areas.

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 6:39:45 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode
Thoughts from anyone?

a a

May 29, 2014, 7:09:49 PM5/29/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

Well, that is more than a half bigger then out current space, at 183 more a month.

The breakdown of $ per sqft is
Current: .425
New: .436

There is a side place for spray painting and other fumous things which is a plus.

Its also like a long hallway. Which maybe or mau not be better than our current L shaped space.

My initial thoughts.

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 7:17:14 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode

Agreed. But not only the floor space is bigger the higher ceilings are awesome and would really increase our storage capacity. And the concrete floors give us the ability to have heavier equipment in the space.

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 7:40:40 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode

Well I'm going to make formal request to the group that we move on this space. I really don't want to pass on this. Can we setup an emergency meeting of some sort?

Ken Bailey

May 29, 2014, 7:42:57 PM5/29/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I see all sorts of potential. Like Joe stated, the concrete floors and freight supports future expansion of heavy equipment. The high ceilings mean MUCH more storage ability if we build the shelving.

Ken Bailey

May 29, 2014, 7:44:34 PM5/29/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I recommend we try and set up an emergency meeting. We have to move fast on this.

J. Simmons

May 29, 2014, 7:54:35 PM5/29/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Can I ask two questions before we meet?

1) What are people thinking in terms if covering the added expense?  Our income has just barely covered our current rent. I remember some long term donations when we talked about other spaces, but I don't want the group to just assume those are still available without checking it out.

2) in the past, having a sink in the space was a pretty critical requirement for a space. Do people still feel that way?

Note, I think having a separate classroom/meeting/electronics space and higher ceilings would be awesome. I just want to name sure we follow our process.

Thanks,

 -J

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 8:01:18 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode

Thoughts on the sink.. . Although there is no sink in the space. There is one right across the hall. Really it's no different then now because we normally have the door open when we are there anyways. And in practice the sink rarely gets used.

Also on the extra expense I am comfortable with the extra burn rate. I think the risk level is low.

Ken Bailey

May 29, 2014, 8:02:01 PM5/29/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I was one of the people offering to offset the added expense, Rockett was the other. While I cannot speak for him, I am more than happy to offer the same amount for this place as before.

I was not one of the people that cared about the sink.

J. Simmons

May 29, 2014, 8:34:34 PM5/29/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Ken,

Can you remind us about the amount you were offering?  I would also like to suggest that we place a sunset clause (that is a time limit of some number of months after which we revisit the offer to see if it is still working out for everyone).

Thanks,

 -J

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Ken Bailey <kbai...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was one of the people offering to offset the added expense, Rockett was the other. While I cannot speak for him, I am more than happy to offer the same amount for this place as before.

I was not one of the people that cared about the sink.

Ken Bailey

May 29, 2014, 8:55:12 PM5/29/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I was offering an additional $100 a month for a year or until we no are no longer running at a loss, whichever comes first. That applied to the previous space or the one currently Joe is currently suggesting.

J. Simmons

May 29, 2014, 8:58:47 PM5/29/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Ken.  That leaves us $83/mo short.  Which we can discuss how to cover (either from our reserves, another donation, increased, dues, or some other idea).  Just trying to summarize things, I am personally open to discussing any options the group wants to consider.

 -J

Joseph Mckibben

May 29, 2014, 9:03:21 PM5/29/14
to Dayton Diode

I can increase my dues by $10 a month.

J.J.

May 30, 2014, 12:31:13 AM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Emergency meeting is in order.
I can't make tomorrow (Friday) or next Monday.  Saturday & Sunday are good, as would be Tuesday if I can put in the time-off request at work tomorrow.

Joseph Mckibben

May 30, 2014, 6:53:09 AM5/30/14
to Dayton Diode
I can do Saturday also.

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:31 AM, J.J. <jjk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Emergency meeting is in order.
I can't make tomorrow (Friday) or next Monday.  Saturday & Sunday are good, as would be Tuesday if I can put in the time-off request at work tomorrow.

Ken Bailey

May 30, 2014, 7:26:16 AM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I am available on Saturday.

Joseph Mckibben

May 30, 2014, 9:08:56 AM5/30/14
to Dayton Diode
Ok I talked to Alex Van Atta. I think we are up to 4 who are available Saturday. Anyone else available for an emergency meeting tomorrow?

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Ken Bailey <kbai...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am available on Saturday.

a a

May 30, 2014, 9:10:19 AM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

o/

Joseph Mckibben

May 30, 2014, 9:16:01 AM5/30/14
to Dayton Diode
lol. So does the high five mean you can make it tomorrow?

a a

May 30, 2014, 9:20:38 AM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

Yarrr.

Ronald Love

May 30, 2014, 9:21:21 AM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I can make it.

With extreme love,

Mr. Wyzard

Ken Bailey

May 30, 2014, 9:22:55 AM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Rain or shine, I'll be there.
Kenneth Bailey

J. Simmons

May 30, 2014, 10:03:56 AM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Looks like we are getting close to a quorum.  My schedule is pretty open tomorrow, so I should be able to make it.  What time do people want to meet?

Also, let's make sure there are no open questions with respect to our full list of criteria (http://daytondiode.wikia.com/wiki/January_2014_Meeting_Minutes#New_Space.3F).

* clearly utilities are included (as that is part of the standard terms at Front Street)
* AC/Heat? - Joe, did you see any AC units?
* Bathroom - across the hall again, correct?
* Ground Floor - no, 2nd floor, but there is a freight elevator again
* month-to-month rental - clearly ok (again, this is Front Street)
* 3 Phase/power in general - Joe (or someone else), can you look into this before the meeting to make sure at the very least the new CNC machine will work in the new space
* Access 24/7 - check
* location - check
* Kitchen area/sinks - no
* Partitionable - already setup as two sub-spaces (one looks like it could be a meeting/classroom(?)
* Internet access - presumably ok as we got it in our current room at Front Space
* High ceilings - check
* Big doors - Joe, can you comment on the doors?
* Ventilation - ???

I think that covers it.  Am I missing anything that we can't already assume (like parking) since we are looking at another space in Front Street?

Later,

 -J

Joseph Mckibben

May 30, 2014, 10:10:33 AM5/30/14
to Dayton Diode

Currently no A/C but we can add it ourselves. Windows for ventilation. Bathroom accross the hall. They advertise 220 power for the space. Double doors about the same as we have now.

Sorry for poor formatting. Replying on phone.

Joseph Mckibben

May 30, 2014, 10:48:43 AM5/30/14
to Dayton Diode

Oh and anytime will work for me. How does 1 PM sound?

J.J.

May 30, 2014, 11:02:27 AM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
1:00 pm works for me.  Any time Saturday will work for me.

Ken Bailey

May 30, 2014, 11:03:32 AM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

1 will work for me also. Anytime after 11 on sat. I'm free.

On May 30, 2014 11:02 AM, "J.J." <jjk...@gmail.com> wrote:
1:00 pm works for me.  Any time Saturday will work for me.

J. Simmons

May 30, 2014, 11:04:14 AM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
1PM works for me.

Hey Rocket, can you confirm our current membership number for quorum purposes?

Thanks,

 -J

J.J.

May 30, 2014, 12:48:38 PM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I just added an event over at Meetup.com for our meeting on Saturday.  I made Joe, J, Ken and Rocket co-organizers, so you can add details and change start/end times as you may see fit.

Joseph Mckibben

May 30, 2014, 12:59:31 PM5/30/14
to Dayton Diode

Cool good idea. Thanks JJ

On May 30, 2014 12:48 PM, "J.J." <jjk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just added an event over at Meetup.com for our meeting on Saturday.  I made Joe, J, Ken and Rocket co-organizers, so you can add details and change start/end times as you may see fit.

Alex VanAtta

May 30, 2014, 1:25:21 PM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Can people attend the meeting via a google hangout / Skype? I can bring my laptop and setup the web cam if that will help get a quorum.

Joseph Mckibben

May 30, 2014, 1:34:15 PM5/30/14
to Dayton Diode

I don't think there is any policy against that.

J. Simmons

May 30, 2014, 1:48:56 PM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Joe is correct there is no policy against attending meetings remotely.  Plus, while we don't usually do it, there is lots of precedent for other groups and legal constraints on meetings that says teleconferencing counts as attending a meeting.  If this is something we decide we need to do, lets plan to get the teleconference/hangout started about a half hour early to work any technical issues (I use hangouts professionally several times a week, and getting new groups up and running can take a little time in my experience).

 -J

Patrick Craig

May 30, 2014, 2:27:16 PM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just submitted my dues to become a 2600 member.  If it will help with your quorum, I will try to be there.

Pat

Joseph Mckibben

May 30, 2014, 2:29:26 PM5/30/14
to Dayton Diode

Yes please do Patrick. It's really important that you make it.

Joseph Mckibben

May 30, 2014, 3:59:38 PM5/30/14
to Dayton Diode

What platform do we want to use for teleconferencing? Do we want to use Google+? I think we can use the Dayton Diode Community page to host it.

J. Simmons

May 30, 2014, 4:01:44 PM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Depends on what platform people need us to use (assuming anyone plans to telecon in).  Note, if people are in town, I strongly recommend coming to the meeting in person.  Let's reserve telecon for people who are out of town (if at all possible).

 -J

Joseph Mckibben

May 30, 2014, 4:02:59 PM5/30/14
to Dayton Diode

Oh ok yeah that makes sense.

a a

May 30, 2014, 5:06:21 PM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

14 members

Joseph Mckibben

May 30, 2014, 5:41:09 PM5/30/14
to Dayton Diode

Has there actually been 14 people that have paid in the last month? Is it possible to actually get names, so I can make sure to contact some of the individuals who have not responded yet?

J. Simmons

May 30, 2014, 5:44:40 PM5/30/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
So, we need 8 for a quorum, and according to meetup we have 6 who will be there.

 -J

Joseph Mckibben

May 31, 2014, 6:10:50 AM5/31/14
to Dayton Diode

Awesome we currently have 8 on the Meetup hope to see everyone there.

Alex VanAtta

May 31, 2014, 7:45:10 AM5/31/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone want to attend remotely? If so I will set up my computer around 12:30 and post the connection info here. I can do skype or google hangouts ether option works for me. Like JJ said if you can come in person please do just incase we have connection issues.

Alex

robotx...@gmail.com

May 31, 2014, 10:01:02 AM5/31/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I would love to attend by Google hangout

Sent from Windows Mail

Alex VanAtta

May 31, 2014, 10:17:01 AM5/31/14
to dayton...@googlegroups.com