[DIODE] March 2015 Business Meeting

Joseph Mckibben

Mar 2, 2015, 1:21:18 PM3/2/15
to Dayton Diode
Reminder! Business meeting a week from today.

Current Agenda topics:
1. Charter Updates for Quorum rules
2. Tool Lending Proposals from Steve
3. Possible new space discussion.

Lots of stuff on Agenda. All very important topics. So, if you are a member please be there!

Current Quorum Requirement:8

J.J.

Mar 3, 2015, 1:25:18 PM3/3/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I would like to propose that item #1, "Charter Updates for Quorum rules," be tabled until after our discussion & decision on item #3, "Possible new space discussion."

Item #3 is going to warrant a lot of attention and discussion.  I think we need to arrive at a consensus sooner rather than later.

JJ

Joseph Mckibben

Mar 3, 2015, 2:06:43 PM3/3/15
to Dayton Diode

Ok sounds good

angus blitter

Mar 6, 2015, 8:37:22 AM3/6/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I was hoping to attend. I have been MIA for a while but wanted to discuss the possibilities of DD starting a OpenGarages charter. I think it could help membership and is a part of my most recent research. I came to the offsite meeting (new building tour) but was a bit late and missed you all. Here is a link the OpenGarages information http://opengarages.org/index.php/Main_Page . It was started by our friends in Cincinnati (Craig Smith of HIVE13). Craig is offering us an inaugural spot and the Dayton franchise.

My most recent white paper if there is interest http://www.globalservices.bt.com/static/assets/pdf/Industries/automotive/BT_2014_WHITEPAPER_CONNECTED_CAR.pdf

I haven't been to the new space but would like to attend.
Thanks,
Angus

J. Simmons

Mar 6, 2015, 8:44:00 AM3/6/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Looks like I will actually be in town for a meeting.  I should be able to make it (barring exhaustion or some last minute work thing).

 -J

Joseph Mckibben

Mar 6, 2015, 8:55:14 AM3/6/15
to Dayton Diode

Hey Angus,

We probably won't have time to discuss the open garages charter in an official since during the meeting but we could definitely talk about it before and after. It does look like we could setup some sort of open garages setup in this potential new space though. And I personally would like to see it happen.

Hey J,

That's great that you will be here. Do you mind directing me or someone else in some way while we run the meeting? It would be great to get some more coaching before you end up leaving town. Thanks.

angus blitter

Mar 6, 2015, 9:20:14 AM3/6/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Fair enough. I will get there a little early and plan to stay a little later.
-Angus

Andrew Wendling

Mar 9, 2015, 5:51:44 PM3/9/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there but a little late. Just dropped off a delivery in Columbus. Gps says 7:04 eta.

J. Simmons

Mar 9, 2015, 5:58:07 PM3/9/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for not replying until now.  Yes, I would be happy to coach someone else tonight instead of running the meeting myself.

 -J

Alex VanAtta

Mar 9, 2015, 6:09:18 PM3/9/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

I am on my way aswell

On Mar 9, 2015 5:51 PM, "Andrew Wendling" <wend...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll be there but a little late.  Just dropped off a delivery in Columbus. Gps says 7:04 eta.

KOAH

Mar 9, 2015, 6:46:17 PM3/9/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
What is the new address?

Bryan Fite

Sent From Mobile Device-Spelling and Grammar Suspect

Joseph Mckibben

Mar 10, 2015, 9:00:32 AM3/10/15
to Dayton Diode
Just as an update for anyone that didn't make it to meeting last night or had to leave early.

1. We approved multiple long term loans from Steve.
2. We approved some stipulations we need on the written agreement between us and the new space we may be renting from Andrew.
3. Andrew is going to take these things back and get the written agreement put together.
4. We will schedule a special meeting to review this written agreement when it is ready. If all goes well and to our liking we will see if we can approve the written agreement.

Also, as a reminder member storage cubes are $20 a year. There are a few left. If you have stuff in one of them and have not paid for your box please leave a payment in the payment box when you first enter the space. Please, put in envelope with name and shelf# you are paying for on envelope so I know where the money came from. The shelves are labeled 1-9, left to right, top to bottom.

Thanks, for all the work everyone did last night!
Joe McKibben
Dayton Diode Treasurer

J. Simmons

Mar 10, 2015, 9:31:39 AM3/10/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
That is very exciting news, Joe.  Thanks for the update.

 -J

J.J.

Mar 10, 2015, 11:49:33 AM3/10/15
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I hated missing this meeting.  Thanks for the update, Joe.

JJ