November Meeting for Club Vegan

Robb & Nancy Davis

Nov 2, 2013, 12:42:42 PM11/2/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
November has begun, so that means Club Vegan is scheduled for next Thursday, Nov. 7.

For those who attended in October, was a theme agreed upon, or is it a general potluck?

Plan to meet at 6:30 in the Co-op Teaching Kitchen with some delicious vegan food to share with others!

Also, to consider for December, following is a note from Julie Cross -

 The first Thursday is December 5, and the Children's Candlelight Parade will be staged in our parking lot from 5-6:15 or so. The parking lot will be pretty full, and traffic will be chaotic. Ideally, Club Vegan would not meet that night - you could either choose a different night or simply skip December. If you feel that you really want to meet on December 5, please schedule the meeting for 7pm rather than 6:30 so we can clear people out a bit first!

What does everyone think?

Have a great weekend and enjoy the extra hour of sleep tonight - Nancy

--
Robb and Nancy Davis
2550 Sycamore Lane, Unit 8D

Robb - (717) 598-2019
Nanc - (717) 419 4680

Ben Thomas

Nov 2, 2013, 10:07:53 PM11/2/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com, lindsay rubin
Lindsay and I will be there!! We also would be willing to potentially host Davis Club Vegan on December 5th.

Best,

Ben

Davis Food Co-op Club Vegan meets the first Thursday of every month at the Davis Food Conference Room at 7pm - great vegan food, amazing vegan people and lots of fun!
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Davis Food Co-op Club Vegan" group.

Anne Smith

Nov 7, 2013, 10:39:45 AM11/7/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry that Brad and I will not be able to make it tonight.  Have a wonderful time and we wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!  Hope to see you in December.
Anne Smith

Lindsay Rubin

Nov 7, 2013, 12:32:49 PM11/7/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

I cannot make it - I am co-hosting an event through VegansofDavis on campus bringing Factory Farm Awareness Coalition in for a presentation. Ben is not sure if he can make it or not.

Will there be themes for future pot lucks?

Thanks so much,

Lindsay 🐰

Sent from my iPhone

|practice compassion|

Robb & Nancy Davis

Nov 7, 2013, 12:38:18 PM11/7/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Dear All - It looks like it may be a small group tonight.  I have been fighting a cold for about a week now so will not be able to attend either.

I will assume George will attend, but is anyone else planning to be there tonight?

Is it time to discuss whether/how this group will continue?  I love vegan potlucks, but heading out downtown at night in the winter is not always fun for me - on a bike.  Should we consider other options, or are people still game to continue as is?

Nancy

Lindsay Rubin

Nov 7, 2013, 1:38:55 PM11/7/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nancy and All,

I recently started the group VehansofDavis in town and I am wondering if we should adopt the club vegan pot luck...thoughts?

Lindsay 🐰

Sent from my iPhone

|practice compassion|

Parvaneh Keivanfar

Nov 7, 2013, 2:07:58 PM11/7/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If we change the day and time, i would love to come. I'm not sure if everyone can make it if it's on the weekends but it perfectly works for me.

Thanks,
Parvaneh

Sent from my iPhone

Kitlas

Nov 7, 2013, 3:19:20 PM11/7/13
to Davis Vegan Club
Hi Friends:

Steve and I will not be able to join tonight either.

I've been noticing that the club has dwindled quite a lot, and a couple of months ago, some of us talked about joining forces with Lindsay's Vegans of Davis.
Steve and I really enjoy gathering with vegan friends and sharing food and recipes, however, both of us are not able to hold up the club.
I would vote to join with Vegans of Davis. Or another thought would be to have a pot luck in different homes.

Just some thoughts...

Colette Kitlas

Laura Scott

Nov 7, 2013, 3:37:24 PM11/7/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I wish I could attend these potluck dinners, but it seems I most always have a conflict, including tonight, so I apologize that I can't be more involved on the organizational end!
Cheers,
Laura

Laura Doyle

Nov 7, 2013, 3:54:34 PM11/7/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

This is Laura Doyle from the Co-op.  The rest of our circles, except knitting, are taking December off because attendance is so low.  I would suggest as you are struggling with attendance this month that you take December off as well, reconvening in January when people seem to be excited for new things.

Hope to see a few of you tonight

Laura Doyle
Education Outreach and Events