Vegan Breakfast Recap!

Dani Lee

Apr 5, 2013, 10:24:08 PM4/5/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Hi veg friends!

Last night was breakfast-astic! So many delicious vegan goodies, I was surprised by all of the savory dishes, too! We tried some homemade granola, two types of veggie scrambles, two types of oatmeal - one raw, one cooked and savory - and also enjoyed lots of fun discussion about vegan diets as they relate to health.  Please send your recipes out for vegan breakfast items!

Other topics of discussion:

Dr. Esselstyn - A common theme that came up was Dr. Esselstyn's vegan, low/no-fat diet for heart disease prevention and reversal. Check it out here: http://www.heartattackproof.com/ and a good video here: http://youtu.be/AYTf0z_zVs0

Vegan Omega 3 Fatty Acids - There was also lots of talk about omega-3 fatty acids, particular DHA. Learn more about DHA and a vegan diet in this great article.

Davis Food Co-op Club Vegan Email List - did you know you can access all of the old emails from our listserv here!

Send any additional resources you might have that might be helpful on all of these topics! Without further ado, May's Club Vegan Topic!!!!

May’s Club Vegan Topic: Non-Dairy (Vegan) Cheeses!

6:30-8:00pm, Thursday, May 2nd - Davis Food Co-op Teaching Kitchen

Back by popular demand - vegan cheese! Nancy and I will be demoing how to make cashew cheese with her lovely vitamix. Bring in your fave vegan cheese to share! I'm excited to see some creative home-made vegan cheese recipes, too! Potluck starts at 6:30pm, discussion starts at 7:00pm.

Cheers, friends!

Dani

Davis Food Co-op Club Vegan
dni...@ucdavis.edu | Facebook!
http://davisfood.coop/education/circles/clubvegan

Club Vegan meets the first Thursday of every month at 6:30pm at the Davis Food Co-op Teaching Kitchen!

---
Email List Etiquette:
- When you reply to a message that is sent to the mailing list, your response is sent to the whole mailing list. If you would like to keep your message private, reply directly to the original sender by copying and pasting their email address in the To: field.
- Please keep all emails to the mailing list relevant to vegan diet and lifestyle. This mailing list is intended for Club Vegan members to share events, stories, recipes and more! Keep our listserv community alive and full of resources!
- Please DO NOT solicit for services or advertise for products on the mailing list.
- Please limit any attachments to less than 2,000KB.

Camilla Barry

Apr 6, 2013, 12:52:17 AM4/6/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I hope to start coming again in May when my Thursday classes are finished.
Camilla

Your Innkeeper, Rumsey House www.rumseyhouse.com
Founder, Classrooms Across Cultures www.classroomsacrosscultures.org
President, Barry Scientific   www.barryscientific.com
(Cache Creek Inn has become Rumsey House; same owners)

Davis Food Co-op Club Vegan meets the first Thursday of every month at the Davis Food Conference Room at 7pm - great vegan food, amazing vegan people and lots of fun!
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Davis Food Co-op Club Vegan" group.

Parvaneh Keyvanfar

Apr 6, 2013, 2:26:37 AM4/6/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dani for sharing these. I really miss the club and I`ll really try to come next month. Because I LOVE cheese!

lindsay rubin

Apr 8, 2013, 5:25:14 PM4/8/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Yay vegan cheese!