recipes

Anne Smith

Aug 2, 2013, 1:59:10 AM8/2/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Brad and I really enjoyed all the wonderful food and fellowship this evening at our Club Vegan pot luck.  Unfortunately,  none of the recipes seem to have stuck in my brain.  Would you please be willing to send your recipes to the group so I can have them in writing and not have to rely on my sketchy memory?  I would really appreciate it.  Thank you for the great food and thanks for taking the time to share your recipes.

Here is mine as a starter.  It was taken from one of Dr. John McDougall's cookbooks or his cooking dvd. ( I don't remember the name)  The dish is called Confetti Salad , but I have changed a few things.  Here is what I used:  ( all organic except the almonds, vinegar and hot sauce)

2 C cooked  red quinoa ( or brown rice or any grain(s))
2 C frozen corn
1/2 C diced bell peppers
1/2 C chopped celery
diced fresh tomato
1/2 C slivered almonds
Dressing:
3 T Bragg's liquid aminos ( or soy sauce)
3 T balsamic vinegar
1-3 tsp fresh dill
1/2 tsp mustard
dash of hot sauce

Mix everything together and let sit for awhile to blend flavors.   Other good additions or substitutions are sliced olives, green onions, salsa and other flavored vinegars.

Thanks again.  I look forward to getting your recipes whenever you can spare the time to send them.  Since George doesn't use a computer much, if any of you remember his recipes for the pickles and cole slaw, I would appreciate having those passed on as well.    ( I think the Raspberry Sorbet has managed to sink in pretty well, so I don't  need that one)  Thanks.

Anne Smith

Colette & Steve Kitlas

Aug 2, 2013, 12:07:44 PM8/2/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Anne, for the recipe. I also, enjoyed our gathering and look forward to when we can gather again.
Here is the miso recipe:

Miso & Umeboshi Dressing

1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons Miso - white
1/2 cup water
1 Tablespoon Agave nectar
1 Tablespoon Umeboshi plum puree
1 clove garlic
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil

Blend everything in a blender.

Anne, I don't remember George's Raspberry Gelato, can you send it to me? Thanks.
See you next month

Colette Kitlas

Davis Food Co-op Club Vegan meets the first Thursday of every month at the Davis Food Conference Room at 7pm - great vegan food, amazing vegan people and lots of fun!
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Davis Food Co-op Club Vegan" group.

Anne Smith

Aug 2, 2013, 12:33:15 PM8/2/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colette,
      I don't have the amounts for the ingredients for the Raspberry Gelato, but it was just raw cashews, maple syrup and raspberries (frozen, I believe).  Soak the cashews and maple syrup and blend them several times throughout the day until they are very creamy and thick.  Then chop up frozen raspberries in blender and fold into the cashew cream.  I figure it will taste wonderful even if it isn't exactly like George made it.
Anne

Robb & Nancy Davis

Aug 2, 2013, 12:58:16 PM8/2/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com