Vegan Cheese - Thursday!

1 view

Dani Lee

Apr 30, 2013, 3:06:06 AM4/30/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
Hi veg friends!

It's the moment you all have been waiting for!!!! VEGAN CHEESE NIGHT! Back by popular (oh so popular) demand - we will be exploring the crazy, wild *hopefully* delicious world of plant-based cheeses!

Please bring your fave cheese to share, home-made or not. Things to look out for on an ingredient list of common fake cheeses (to make sure they are vegan): whey, casein. If your fave plant-based cheese does have this, bring it anyway, and those of us that do partake on minimal animal proteins can indulge.

Inline image 1

May’s Club Vegan Topic: Non-Dairy (Vegan) Cheeses!

6:30-8:00pm, Thursday, May 2nd - Davis Food Co-op Teaching Kitchen

Back by popular demand - vegan cheese! Nancy and I will be demoing how to make cashew cheese with her lovely vitamix. Bring in your fave vegan cheese to share! I'm excited to see some creative home-made vegan cheese recipes, too! Potluck starts at 6:30pm, discussion starts at 7:00pm.

Cheers, friends!

Dani

Cheers, friends!

Dani

Davis Food Co-op Club Vegan
dni...@ucdavis.edu | Facebook!
http://davisfood.coop/education/circles/clubvegan

Club Vegan meets the first Thursday of every month at 6:30pm at the Davis Food Co-op Teaching Kitchen!

---
Email List Etiquette:
- When you reply to a message that is sent to the mailing list, your response is sent to the whole mailing list. If you would like to keep your message private, reply directly to the original sender by copying and pasting their email address in the To: field.
- Please keep all emails to the mailing list relevant to vegan diet and lifestyle. This mailing list is intended for Club Vegan members to share events, stories, recipes and more! Keep our listserv community alive and full of resources!
- Please DO NOT solicit for services or advertise for products on the mailing list.
- Please limit any attachments to less than 2,000KB.

vegan cheese-002.jpg

Dani Lee

May 2, 2013, 5:10:28 PM5/2/13
to daviscl...@googlegroups.com
I'm so excited for cheese night! I have raw vegan nachos dehrydating at home reading for your much deserving taste-buds, and am excited to pull together a smattering of vegan cheese samples from the DFC cheese section for ya'll, too.

And for a little inspiration, the lovely Nancy Davis shared the latest VegNews review on vegan cheeses: http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=5718&catId=2

Cheese TONIGHT! 6:30pm. See you there.

Dani
vegan cheese-002.jpg