Improve R fluency - who wants to join me in a motivation/working group?

Meghan S

Mar 30, 2017, 11:42:59 AM3/30/17
to Davis R Users' Group
Hi R-users,

While I've been successful with occasional use of R for graphics and analysis, I want to be able to write code with less copy/paste and google searching. I want to not hate for loops.  I know what I need is practice, practice, practice; I also know I'll need some accountability to make this happen.  Is anyone else in the same boat?  Are you interested in joining me in a small, relaxed-pace practice group?  My goal would be to find practice data, set goals and deadlines, and review output for accuracy, graphics design, and text interpretation.

My specific goals are:
- scrape data
- data tidying
- data summaries
- r Markdown
- using Github

I intend to set achievable deadlines, understanding we all have other commitments, so this doesn't need to be intense or strenuous.

What are your goals?  Maybe this exists already - can I join you?

Meghan

Hannah Waterhouse

Mar 30, 2017, 7:18:45 PM3/30/17
to davi...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested in something like this!

--
Check out our R resources at http://d-rug.github.io/
---

Hannah Waterhouse, M.S.
PhD Candidate, Soils and Biogeochemistry Graduate Group
University of California, Davis

Michael Hannon

Mar 31, 2017, 12:53:09 AM3/31/17
to davi...@googlegroups.com
If you do manage to coalesce a practice group, I'd be interested to see what you do.  Please keep me in the loop.

bic ton

Mar 31, 2017, 3:57:32 AM3/31/17
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Please keep me in the loop.
Thanks

Toby Maxwell

Mar 31, 2017, 11:40:46 AM3/31/17
to davi...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested too!

--
Check out our R resources at http://d-rug.github.io/
---

Toby Maxwell

Ph.D. Candidate
Plant and Environmental Sciences Building, 3242
Department of Land, Air, and Water Resources
Agricultural and Environmental Chemistry Graduate Group

Jonni Johnson

Mar 31, 2017, 11:56:52 AM3/31/17
to davi...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested as well-- not very good but am in the same boat as practice-practice-practice
--
Check out our R resources at http://d-rug.github.io/
---

Jonni L. Johnson, M.A.