D-RUG: Short sf presentation tomorrow during our worksession

Ryan Peek

Nov 30, 2017, 12:47:32 AM11/30/17
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Hi D-RUG folks,

Would have like to get this off earlier, but I am still planning on giving a short 20 min presentation on using the sf package for spatial analysis in R tomorrow during our usual work session (10am-12pm, DSI 360). We'll screencast here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taY6GrZ6vzE

If you are interested in spatial tools/mapping in R, I'm working on updating this site, which is what I used during the #maptime presentation this past monday. Have comments/questions/things to add? Let me know!
It's by no means comprehensive, but it's a start. Just know it's living document for the time being, but please check it out. I need to add links to existing vignettes, and I'll try to keep adding resources, posts, etc. as things progress.

PACKAGE OF THE WEEK:

Currently there are 11, 936 total packages on CRAN

A few more spatial packages to check out. I talked about this Monday at the #Maptime meeting, but definitely check out them out if you are interested in dynamic webmaps like leaflet (which these packages use). If you think of something, please add to the google form.

Hasta mañana!

Ryan
--

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
John Muir (My First Summer in the Sierra, 1911)