Publishable color scheme

Zack Steel

Nov 28, 2016, 4:07:01 PM11/28/16
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Hey DRUG,

I have a vague memory of a package which provides publishable color schemes that are color-blind friendly, print well in black and white etc. Could someone remind me which package this is?

Thanks,
Zack

--
Zack Steel

PhD Candidate, Graduate Group of Ecology
University of California, Davis
zls...@ucdavis.edu

Matt Espe

Nov 28, 2016, 4:15:43 PM11/28/16
to Davis R Users' Group, zls...@ucdavis.edu
There are several out there, but typically the RColorBrewer palettes cover those requir, available through the package of the same name.

Matt

Noam Ross

Nov 28, 2016, 4:23:03 PM11/28/16
to davi...@googlegroups.com
I'd recommend viridis even if I weren't co-author: https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=viridis
;)

--
Check out our R resources at http://d-rug.github.io/
---

Katherine Ransom

Zack Steel

Nov 28, 2016, 4:53:51 PM11/28/16
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Cool, thanks for the recommendations.

Matthieu Stigler

Nov 29, 2016, 2:28:20 PM11/29/16
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Hi

You might want also to look at this paper by R a few authors, gives a very nice discussion about colour schemes:

 Zeileis et al (2009) RGBland: Selecting colors for statistical graphics, Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Volume 53, Issue 9, 1 July 2009
Link: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167947308005549

Matthieu