Introductory workshop on git - Thursday, Dec 8, 9-12:30

C. Titus Brown

Dec 5, 2016, 9:53:12 AM12/5/16
to dib-tr...@lists.idyll.org, davi...@googlegroups.com, gcm...@ucdavis.edu
Hello everyone,

I’ll be offering a (free) half-day workshop on git on Thursday —

When: December 8th, 2016
Times: 9:15am-12:15pm PST
Where: 1043 Valley Hall, UC Davis campus.

---

https://dib-training.readthedocs.io/en/pub/2016-12-08-intro-git.html

This workshop will introduce the basics of git, a widely used system for managing changes to files. Git and related systems are key for replicability when doing any kind of computational analysis.

This will be a gentle introduction to git that follows the Software Carpentry lesson.

Some experience with the command line is strongly suggested, but you don’t need to be an expert by any means; we will have friendly TAs, too!

We will also talk about GitHub, a site that enables collaboration around files in git.

——

best,
—titus