Clark Fitzgerald on R and the Shell

Myfanwy Johnston

Jan 13, 2017, 1:48:42 PM1/13/17
to davi...@googlegroups.com, Richard Fitzgerald
Hey D-ruggers,

In two weeks, Clark Fitzgerald will be giving a talk (Tuesday January 24th at 10am) on integrating R and the Unix Shell for common tasks.  Please email him (cc'd) or me (mrow...@gmail.com) with any specific things you'd like to learn how to do, and he can plan to cover them in the talk!

We will be having another regular work session next week (1/17/17) from 10-12 in 360 Shields (if you don't see us in the big classroom, look in the small conference room adjacent).

Finally, it was good to see everyone who came out for our first work session last week!  And my sincere apologies for having to bolt early, and thanks to Matt Espe for keeping the doors open - for those who've asked for an update, I did have to rush my dog to the emergency vet, but the folks at the UC Davis vet hospital took great care of him and he's now on the mend. :).  To the post-doc in International Studies that I was in the middle of helping with a data-munging problem when I had to leave, if you haven't been able to solve it yet, please feel free to email me directly and I will finish helping you write the code that you need!

Best,
Myfanwy

--

Myfanwy Johnston