Meeting adjourned for the summer

Myfanwy Johnston

Jun 13, 2016, 4:03:30 PM6/13/16
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Sorry for the late notice, but there will be no D-RUG meeting today - we are on summer hiatus until mid-August, when we'll send out a survey for meeting times again.   That said, we'll also update you if demand manifests a summer weekly meeting time.

Have a great summer!

Best,
Myfanwy

--
Myfanwy Johnston
Ph.D Candidate, Animal Behavior

Matthew D Pagel

Jun 17, 2016, 1:33:56 PM6/17/16
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Davis R users group,

Although I only tend to see grad students and some fac/staff at D-RUG worksessions, it's possible there might be some undergrads subscribed to this list. Further, some of you grad students may have TA'd some students with the relevant experience. If so, please forward.

--Matt

----

I'm looking for an undergraduate -- preferably with a comp sci, GIS, math, statistics, engineering or related major -- to assist during this summer with development of a website that will display telemetric data associated with acoustic transmitters implanted in various fish in the Sacramento River and SF area Bays.

CSS and JavaScript will be used in addition to HTML5 and some PHP. Additional experience with SQL (MS SQL Server, Access/Jet, MySQL, PostgreSQL) or other relational databases would be appreciated but not required.

Any interested party with at least 10 hours available per week should contact Matt Pagel, ideally by e-mail (mpa...@ucdavis.edu), with a resume or basic run-down of your relevant experience. Initially I will only need assistance 10-20 hours per week, but as you become more familiar with the website and database, there is potential for full-time work during the summer. Work for course credit during fall quarter can be arranged as well for anyone that assists during the summer.

-- Matt

================
Matthew D. Pagel
Database Manager
Core Array: California Fish Tracking Consortium
Biotelemetry Lab
University of California, Davis

1332 Academic Surge Building
UCD Department of Wildlife, Fish and Conservation Biology
One Shields Ave
Davis, CA 95616

Office Ph: 530 752-1156
http://cftc.metro.ucdavis.edu/news/