D-RUG: last talk of the quarter - short demo on using sqlite databases in R

Ryan Peek

Mar 9, 2018, 3:25:48 PM3/9/18
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let you know our last meeting and talk of the quarter will be this coming Monday (3/12) during our regular meeting time, from 10-12 at the DSI.

I plan on giving a 20 minute demo on how you can utilize sqlite databases in R. They are flexible, provide a great way to store all your tables/spreadsheets in a portable format, and work on most any operating system.

I'll go over the basics of how to create, access, and read/write to a sqlite database in R, using the dbplyr and RSQLite packages. If folks are interested, I'll show how you can read a spatiallite/sqlite database into R and plot spatial data with the sf package as well.

We'll screencast the talk, stay tuned for a link.

Cheers,
Ryan

--

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
John Muir (My First Summer in the Sierra, 1911)

Ryan Peek

Mar 9, 2018, 4:12:31 PM3/9/18
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Yup. Last line of email. ;) I’ll send a link around when it’s set up. Keep expectations low. How are things? You doing well?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 9, 2018, at 12:25 PM, Ryan Peek <rap...@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>
> We'll

Brandon Hurr

Mar 9, 2018, 5:18:00 PM3/9/18
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Oh so low...

😂
--
Check out our R resources at http://d-rug.github.io/
---

Ryan Peek

Mar 9, 2018, 6:14:20 PM3/9/18
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Just thought it was Friday and everyone could do with a unnecessary reply all from yours truly. :)

Happy weekend!

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 2:17 PM, Brandon Hurr <brando...@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh so low...

😂