XML package install on Windows

Noam Ross

Jun 24, 2014, 10:18:32 AM6/24/14
to Davis R Users Group

Hi all,

I’m trying to get the XML package installed on a computer running Windows XP Pro, but install fails no matter how I try.

Below is the comedy of install errors. All these errors seem to point to the CRAN file being corrupt somehow, which is surprising. Other packages are installing fine on this machine. Any thoughts?

Installing from CRAN:

Warning in install.packages :
 downloaded length 4276224 != reported length 4288136
Warning in install.packages :
 error 1 in extracting from zip file
Warning in install.packages :
 cannot open compressed file 'XML/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such file or directory'
Error in install.packages : cannot open the connection

Installing from the OmegaHat repo (install.packages("XML", repos = "http://www.omegahat.org/R")

package ‘XML’ is available as a source package but not as a binary

Warning in install.packages :
 package ‘XML’ is not available (for R version 3.0.2)

Downloading and installing the Windows binary from file:

error 1 in extracting from zip file
Warning in install.packages :
 cannot open compressed file 'XML/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such file or directory'
Error in install.packages : cannot open the connection

Downloading and installing from the the .tar.gz source file

Error in untar2(tarfile, files, list, exdir, restore_times) :
 incomplete block on file
Warning in install.packages :
 running command '"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-30~1.2/bin/i386/R" CMD INSTALL -l "C:\Program Files\R\R-3.0.2\library" "C:/Documents and Settings/alexbond/My Documents/Downloads/XML_3.98-1.1.tar.gz"' had status 1
Warning in install.packages :
 installation of package ‘C:/Documents and Settings/alexbond/My Documents/Downloads/XML_3.98-1.1.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

Brandon Hurr

Jun 24, 2014, 10:59:52 AM6/24/14
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Can you get it to install from omega hat with type=source?
--
Check out our R resources at http://www.noamross.net/davis-r-users-group.html
---