Tutors for Quantitative Geography

Elise Hellwig

Mar 28, 2018, 2:32:45 PM3/28/18
to Davis R Users' Group
Hi Everyone,

I will be TAing Quantitative Geography (GEO200CN) spring quarter and almost every year there are at least one or two people who need R help beyond what I can provide during labs and office hours. It would be great to have a couple of people to whom I could funnel students for extra assistance either with R or with the more conceptual parts of the course. If this is interesting to you, please let me know. I think in the past students have paid $20-$25 and hour but you would have to take that up with the specific person. For those of you who are not familiar with the course, an ideal tutor would be comfortable with writing functions and using the *apply family of functions as well as experience using sp, raster, rgdal, rgeos and dismo.

Cheers,
Elise Hellwig