D-RUG: Fall Quarter Work Sessions Thursdays 10-12!

Ryan Peek

Sep 26, 2017, 7:38:57 PM9/26/17
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friendly Davis-R Users/Soon-to-be-Users,

The Fall Quarter is upon us, and we are starting our weekly work-sessions this week. Our meeting/worksessions this quarter will be Thursdays 10am -- 12pm, in 360 Shields Library (the DSI).

Our work-sessions are open to any/all who have questions about using R, or who want some dedicated space to work for a few hours. Just learning? Come visit! We'll do our best to answer your questions. Plus you can always email the list-serv and generally get an answer. Check our website for more resources

We have a few talks scheduled this quarter, thanks to speakers for volunteering their time. Tentatively the fall quarter schedule is as follows (all from 10-12). We'll try to webcast the talks as well, and recordings will be available on the website.
  • Oct 26: Brandon Hurr - "Using purrr::map/map2/pmap and the walk family"
  • Nov 2: Rich Pauloo - "R Markdown Basics: share code and visualizations online, create a CV, build a personal website, and more!"
  • Nov 16: Kate Tiedeman - "Using R for geospatial research"
Thanks and look forward to seeing you all throughout the quarter.

Adios,
Ryan

(D-RUG Coordinator)

--

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
John Muir (My First Summer in the Sierra, 1911)