Scientific Programmer needed on campus

Sean Raffuse

May 23, 2017, 6:44:03 PM5/23/17
to Davis R Users' Group
Hi,
My group at the Air Quality Research Center is looking for someone with R and data analysis/visualization experience to help us. The job was just posted to the general UCD employment page (Scientific Programmer), but I thought this group might be interested or might be able to give me a hot tip on a good candidate. Does anyone have any ideas where this might have interest? My thought is that the ideal person would be a recent grad student who fell in love with programming.
We are heavily invested in using Shiny to develop analysis and QC tools.  I'll paste some screenshots of some of our tools below; I think they're pretty cool. Let me know if there is interest in sharing how they were built. I'd be happy to set up a demo and share our experiences. Unfortunately, I can't send you a working link as they are only available on our local network.
Cheers, and sorry if this is too far off topic,
Sean Raffuse

Data Group Manager
Air Quality Research Center
UC Davis