Consulting opportunity

Michael Levy

Sep 9, 2016, 6:06:55 PM9/9/16
to davi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Here is an opportunity to make some cash writing R code for multilevel models. Sounds like it has potential to be the source of an ongoing consulting relationship.

---

Hi R Users!

  I am a former GGE PhD student who is now an assistant professor at The University of Vermont.  I’m seeking someone who might be able to help me with some coding translation.  Here’s my situation- I have been coding and running models in Stata related to my research but I’ve now gotten to the point where they take so long to run I’m turning to more advanced computing systems.  At UVM, we have the Vermont Advanced Computing Center; however, they don’t have Stata to run my models only R.  So, I am hoping that I could give someone the variable names/dataset that I have and then tell you the type of model and someone could write the R code for me.  For full disclosure, the models are multi-level mixed random effects models with a binomial logit link with 12 trials.  The research is looking at how climate change and other development interventions influence smallholder farmer food security in the developing world.  The random effects are at the household, village site, and regional level.

If you are interested please send an email to mtn...@uvm.edu and please include the rate that you would charge for this work.

Michael Levy

PhD Candidate
Department of Environmental Science and Policy
University of California, Davis