DIB Workshop Announcement: Docker Hands-On 11/9-11/10

C. Titus Brown

Oct 27, 2015, 8:04:18 PM10/27/15
to Duncan Temple Lang, davi...@googlegroups.com, d...@lists.idyll.org
Workshop announcement: Docker Hands On

Who: Titus Brown (lead instructor)
When: November 9 and 10, 2015
Times: 9:15am-4:30pm on both days, drop in any time (see dib-training website below for more information)
Where: Shields Library, UC Davis Campus

This two-day workshop is for exploring the use of Docker containers for running, wrapping, distributing, and publishing scientific workflows. Docker containers provide a lightweight computational framework for all of these things, and we intend that this workshop will provide a friendly and welcoming environment for trying it out.

People new to docker are welcome to attend! We do suggest that attendees have some familiarity with the UNIX command line.

This workshop is open to everyone, including graduate students, postdocs, staff, faculty, and community members.

More at:

Registration link: