Samsung 2.5" Drive

Philip Shaw

Aug 11, 2015, 12:47:10 PM8/11/15
to DataRecoveryCertification
The closest thing I have found to a guaranteed recovery is a 2.5" Samsung drive with stiction. I have never failed to get all of the customer's data on one of these. Easy money.

Tim Homer - Desert Data Recovery

Aug 11, 2015, 12:50:48 PM8/11/15
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com

Do I hear a ‘famous last words’…..

Sachin Vora

Mar 17, 2016, 12:54:01 PM3/17/16
to DataRecoveryCertification
HI Phillip,
I am from india and i would like to know for unstick head do you use any tool or manually rotete spindle and push the head to parking
 ?I have got sometime problem withthis trick slider stay on platter and only assembly come out.than to remove that slider platter get dirty.do u have any idea how to remove that sticky slider from platter ?
thanks.

Philip Shaw

Mar 23, 2016, 9:55:35 AM3/23/16
to DataRecoveryCertification
Hi Sachin. Sorry about the delay but I have been on vacation. Usually when I have this problem I gently turn the spindle counter-clockwise and also gently move the arm towards the ramp. On these drives, it always seems to come loose and move to the ramp with only minor physical damage to the platter (if any). If it is really stuck and this won't work you can try putting a business card between the arm and the platter on both sides and see if you can't loosen it. Any severe motions during this process could break off the head but I have had 100% success.

Good luck,

Philip Shaw

Tim Homer - Desert Data Recovery

Mar 23, 2016, 12:14:48 PM3/23/16
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com

I have found using ER-Tools head swap tools are great for unsticking heads. You never need to touch the platter with the bad heads by dragging it across. They don’t have the correct sizes for all platters, but generally they are good.