MAP Digitisation efforts : Gujarat : District, Taluka, Village boundaries as DWG file

Dilip Damle

Jan 20, 2016, 2:35:30 PM1/20/16
to datameet
Hi,

As mentioned in the Map digitisation effort thread I have uploaded a DWG file with the boundaries extracted form the links in the "Map Digitisation efforts" post.

This is a WORK IN PROGRESS not a final data.
Basic information
File DWG, Version 2013,
Created in Autocad Map 2015
Projection UTM-43N
Georeferencing YES : I have tried to georeference it using the Data Datameet 2011-DIST data as reference. In the process I have not applied any shape changing transformations on the data from the original source. (used only move, scale and rotate This will make it easier for someone else to reference it in a better way if needed.
Attribute links : NO
Name of Villages and Talukas are there as TEXT
All polylines are closed.

I will include a detailed readme  later.

Enclosed in this post Two snapshot images and a pdf file to see the matching with the datameet 2011-Dist map.
Feel free to discucss / use. Copyright : Work in progress : Use for improving the data only.

I intend to work on this data to attach the village names to the polylines and then convert to a shape file. ( if someone else does it it is fine)

Regards
Dilip Damle (Delhi)

gujarat-whole.jpg
gujarat-zoom10x.jpg
match_check.pdf

Justin Meyers

Jan 21, 2016, 11:05:26 AM1/21/16
to datameet
Dilip,
can you convert this into shapefile?  add a unique id to each poly.  i will try to get names for all the polygons.

Thanks,
Justin

Dilip Damle

Jan 21, 2016, 12:25:35 PM1/21/16
to datameet
HI Justin,
I can do not. Give me about a day or two.
Will check for cleanliness before doing it.

Dilip Damle

Jan 23, 2016, 1:43:42 AM1/23/16
to datameet
HI,

I have uploaded the shape files.

THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS FOR THE INFORMATION OF ALL. NOT TO USE FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE.

There are 5 shape files as below
1. Districts : District boundary polygons. Since the data is imported district wise. There is  sliver level mismatching at the district boundaries.
2. Taluka : Boundary polygons
3. Villages : Boundary polygons
4. Dotmark : All text seen as a dot mark. This is the location of the Populated Place. Actually it is ! mark with an ESRI symbol font
5. Text : all other text, This includes all names and other markers other than the text !

There are attributesattached as follows
Ehandle : Entity handle from the Autocad drawing, this makes it unique across all shape files and easily traceble back to the drawing if required.
LAYER : this is the district name to which the feature belongs
There are other attributes which are self explanatory
Her is the link

Dilip Damle

Jan 25, 2016, 1:53:55 AM1/25/16
to datameet
Hi,
I have updated the villages file.
There was a mistake and it also contained district polygons.
Here is the link to the parent folder

Dilip Damle

Jan 25, 2016, 2:50:21 AM1/25/16
to datameet